1) More in-depth information on game modes and changes to the game (minor details or not) made since PES2009. This would provide more of a full picture of what specifically can be expected from the game.
2) Videos. Either a gameplay video, just to showcase how the game is moving with the new animations implemented. Konami could just show is a half of a game between Liverpool and Barca (now with Zlatan instead of Etoo?) or they could make a video showcasing the new features in the game, i.e. new animations, tricks, how players are controlled etc.
Celtic-Aalborg 0-0, Aalborg-Villarreal 2-2, Aalborg-Celtic 2-1, Man United-Aalborg 2-2
Aaaah - those were the days :-)
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 8:03 pm
- Location: Aalborg, Denmark
- PSN: QuackAttack8
jromao wrote:Adam wrote:from the front page
We would to find out what the fans think of how things are progressing (screens and playtest reports you've read), and what you would like to see next from Konami.
Well, there is something I don't even get a word about and I think it would be a GREAT FEATURE to have in PES 2010 or PES 2011, that is what I should call,
PRIVATE FRIEND's LEAGUE
resuming, in the last years I play often with my friends ON-line and OFF-line so we always end talking about who got more win/defeats/goals/etc.... then this idea start to growing, what fantastic would be if we can have in PES a option in every "Exibhition" or "ON-line" Match to include that specific "ranked" game registered on that "Private Friend's League", this private league should then keep the historic results between all that friends who joined that League.
This League would be (of course) synchronized in all PS3 for each of that Friends, should the game be ON or OFF-Lline, the match result should be registered there and this way we get a complete historic league for all that matches, now that Konami ID is removed we could see this implemented without great problem and believe all pes players would enjoy that kind of private league.
This type of league should have some restrictions, for example some ideas:
- Each PSN user to be registered ONLY in one League at time.
- If the match (on-line/off-line) isn't finished properly to have PES allowing a interrupted game to be completed since same score and elapsed time
Please join with your opinions and let Konami read this, what you think Adam ??
This would be amzing!! Me and my brother always play pes with eachother offline in exhibition, an option to see all our results and info of the matches would be great!! A way finally to see who is better!! Also having info on teams used we can easily check if we are playing with the same teams all the time which sometimes happens without you realising. Great idea!
Regarding to pes 10 info it all seems great! Graphics are hugely improved, and looks soo much better in the wide cam !! The slowed down more tactical approach seems great (not the running one end of the pitch syle in 08 & 09)
with the sliders and cards.
Hopefully more info on BAL and masterleague in the near future
Konami only show a game play video with all animations in place, and only when you think it looks good enough. You dnt want angry fans again like what happened with the trailer!!
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:08 pm
Like everyone else I'd like to see some proper gameplay footage (and by that I mean just a recording of a match being played (even just a minute of a match being played), not footage from replays etc) - I don't see that happening before GamesCom though. Some more news on other features like the master league, freekicks etc would be nice. It should be possible to release the info in the same way as the info about cards/sliders was done so I don't see why they shouldn't. It would get even more drooling going I'm sure. What worries me at the moment is that the ML is no better than PES 09 ML which was a pile of poo to put it politely. CL integration is not going to save it. So Konami, please show you've done more than that.
Ultimately though the big thing is online play. Everyone keeps asking for news but even if we get a big splurge of info its not going to provide any confidence after last year. I think Adam said elsewhere that by the end of Aug the game should be around 90% complete? If that's the case then I think Konami has to start some sort of public beta test. I don't care if this is a closed beta, that would be fine by me, I wouldn't be bothered about not being involved. I'd just like to see the system tested properly by 50-100 people to make sure that we are not waiting for patches and stuff after the game is released. I don't see why they shouldnt run such a beta. The beta game wouldnt even need to be "demo standard", just enough to make sure that when two people play online the system works consistently and across a wide area of Europe (for starters) or wherever they choose to test it. I don't think "in-house" testing is enough. Presumably there will be plenty of gameplay footage floating around the web after Gamescon so I don't see why a beta would be a problem in that regard. I think if the community was assured by beta testers that online play was at LEAST as good as PES 6 then people will really start getting excited.
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:15 pm
- Card system and Slide Bars are amazing
- Graphics are stunning
- The slow pace is what everyone wanted
- The focus on individuality is very important
- Fixing little bugs like players freezing after FKs and CPU decisions (auto-tackles)
- Online Champions League, No More Konami ID and hosts the game in Sony's servers made me believe in online play again
- Actually, I really like this preview. There wasn't any thing that I didn't like.
- All new Master League
- Confirmation of new licenses (brazilian league, please)
- Gameplay video with lots of new animations
- Lots of make-of videos. I really like all this interviews, visiting Konami's site...
I know it's for everyone give their feedback, but:
TheBroad wrote:The Iris Is Once Again 'Fuzzy'
- Youth Team
- Posts: 293
- Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:23 pm
- Location: BH, Brasil
- PSN: Coragi
- I would like to see a gameplay video next or indeed more news on the major game modes like the Master League or Online.
Having said all this Konami cannot become complacement and thus they must continue to listen to fans and attempt to improve the game.
Happy so far though
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 :)
- First Team
- Posts: 1777
- Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 5:13 pm
- Location: Iowa, USA
- PSN: martyl2007
My preference in a football game are excellent online - FIFA09 has had my attention online but am now swaying back to PES2009. and Realistic animations.
Every playtest report has said how the gameplay is more smooth and the robotic and unrealistic turning circles have been completely hidden within the animations etc.
Online hasnt been tested admittedly but the PSN and Live servers will be running the online section and it seems like excellent news.
The player likenesses are unbelievable just seen some FIFA09/10 comparisions and they dont look any different but from the PSM3 mag and the recently released media PES is looking outstanding. Just hope it seems liek that when you have it on hte wide view.
Masters league for me is something I play if or when my internet is down as I have played the same master league format since the PS2 era. Something has to change for me to start enjoying that side of the game again. Online is were its at.
The card system is an excellent idea. I just hope online it can be effective against teams like Real, Barca as they are more than likely gonna be the new teams to beat . I am Man Utd fan so will be using my trusty Reds but I hope its not the old back four as CB's cause the full backs are out of position while Ronaldo or Messi runs into the gaps at the back. Due to poor A.I. There is positives in the playtests regarding improved A.I and for god sake lets hope the tame shot keeper spill goal form three yards os finally eradicated. Poor keeping loses most people games on PES as that is so unrealistic.
I hope that the mistakes to game ratio is not every game like the current PES versions . Statistically the amount of mistakes in an actual football game is nowhere near the mistakes that happen every game in PES. I believe FIFA has that side of football sewn up at the mo.
It all seems so positive and I hope it lives upto the hype. I remember last year Adam and Suff were happy with what they had played in the 2009 playtests so lets hope its finally a PES for the next gen and to restore PES to the lofty heights of the game to beat . This truely could be the battle we all have wanted in the football stakes as FIFA 10 is looking outstanding.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered"
- Youth Team
- Posts: 482
- Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:23 pm
- Graphics: omg, perfect, stunning, lifelike, picture-perfect... I could go on for a while
- Player Models, esp. the video of Messi shooting.. Great.
- Strategy, the sliders and the cards: Fascinating, sounds extremely promising, I hope that they will implement those features right.
- Stadia: wow. Take a look at the grass..
- WENB's play report, podcast and vidcast: I'm happy, that both Suff and Adam liked what they played. It sounds all too good, I hope that Konami will deliver a great soccer game
- New celebrations? Great to hear that.
- menu style - as far as one can tell: Looks like they are returning to a cool, clean look.
- wide cam picture: I just put in on my 37" TV, and it looks SO amazing..
- Slower pace and the possibility to build up your game from the defenders through midfielders 'til the strikers.. great.
- Licensed gloves? Wtf? O.o nice little but valuable touch.
- well, animations. hm.. I actually like them in pes09, the only thing that makes me go crazy is the "running on rails" fact. If they remove that for pes2010, I won't have anything to complain about, even if some of the old animations are still in.
- Keepers: I hope that they'll improve that.
- Commentary/Atmosphere.. I know, that they will fix that at last, I just want them to make it right..
- Bench Warmer
- Posts: 870
- Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:19 am
- Location: Twitter: chaos_pes
- PSN: ichaos1985
Reason: Off topic.
- First Team
- Posts: 1175
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:20 pm
- Location: England
-Card system sounds great
-Graphics look lovely
-The tactics sliders
-More realistic pace
-Menus look nice
Not happy with
-Shorts and nets could be better
-Seems like the tricks are the same they need freshening up
-A really small niggle but i don't like the names done in full capitals
What i want to see next
-Detailed info on the MASTER LEAGUE overhaul. I'm a little worried about the silence on what is without doubt the
most important mode in the game.
-I'd be interested to see some of the new stadiums in the game. There were far too few last year. I expect twice as
many, licensed or not.
-News about EDIT MODE improvements
-More behind the scenes videos. I really love them keep them coming.
- Youth Team
- Posts: 451
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:42 pm
- Location: Dublin
- PSN: Goldman132
* graphics - it's a big jump from previous one, that new lightning effects really make huge difference ; this finally looks like nextgen game, you can even see what kind of material is shirt made (Torres closeup)
* Torres doesn't look stupid anymore
* if pace of the game is slower, that's good news (PES 5 or 6 speed was perfect)
* I'm looking forward to card system and new extra touches in tactics area - this thing can change the whole match with proper use at the right time, really interesting improvement
* Messi shooting animation - super amazing
what I didn't like :
* old animations - most of old ones are really poor (running animation especially, crossing with fall animation is also so pastgen ; I hope you can implement mocapped stuff like this Messi shot animation and lots of others - that way I can say I'm playing a new game which screams NEXTGEN, don't disappoint Konami this is MOST IMPORTANT thing no doubt.
* overall rating system - useless and don't needed, don't copy FIFA! your stat system is good enough ; so Torres is 80 and Henry 66? I thought they're both world class and I know their stats are very good, so this rating is not saying the truth at all
* screens with teams in old kits - you should have new templates by now, are you lazy
I want to see :
* new tricks
* online mode explained
* Real Madrid - you know who
* screens with player faces and stats
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:55 pm
- PSN: blackmamba707
Sadly some of the suggestions are not going to be implemented this year,but I will be happy if Konami release a interview saying what could be implemented in the future from fan suggestions thread.
Things like cards,sliders,graphics and so on are perfect.Now I want Konami to start completing the list from the first press release one by one with things like animations,keepers and the likes and nothing us in another press releases when something is completed.We will watch that closely.
What I disliked though are the same backheel mechanics as ever and the same turning with moving the ball behind the leg,also defenders moving between the ball and the dribbler,hopefully new animations and gameplay will fix this.Also the overall Top Line stat is totally not needed,it's so "Fifa" style,instead make it like FM where every position has individual rating,like Torres having Striker as Natural,but Winger as Awkward and so on.
For the time being I am 99% pleased with the news,the next step is gameplay video with all the animations implemented.Hope it didn't sound like another wishlist,Adam,and it is useful.
- Youth Team
- Posts: 386
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:42 pm
- Location: Pleven,Bulgaria
Just remeber we love the game for it's simulation roots and the lplayer individuality, never ever lose this as this is what puts PES on a higher level.
Keep it going but ultimately you have to make sure you next trailer really emphisises teverythin good about your game the graphics, the animations and the playability. You moto should be BACK TO IT'S BEST
Individuality, Excitement, unpredictability and emotion.
PES THE THINKING MANS FOOTBALL GAME
- Reserve Team
- Posts: 646
- Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 am
- PSN: ShaneJoshua80
- KMN Staff
- Posts: 13568
- Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:42 pm
- Location: Seaford, East Sussex, UK
- Twitter: @WENBStaff
I would like to see:
- News about Master League;
- Stadiums, how many will be added and wich;
- A gameplay video.
Let's see ...
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:12 pm
New Animations (That I've seen so far)
Wide Cam Looks Great
Boots affect Gameplay....that doesn't sound good i hope it is nothing to worry about
No New Camera Angles (so far)
Overall very happy if Konami pulls through on everything they said and most likely there will be a few more surprises, if all goes well PES 2010 will be the best ever.
- Reserve Team
- Posts: 510
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:07 pm
They are mixing things up nicely with this year's title, it sounds like this year that PES is gonna be very tactical i hope this is the case but if someone doesn't use tactics and still manages to sprint past all my team with one player i will not be very pleased what has amazed me the most is the amount of effort konami are putting into this game and the whole community.
I feel like a PESFan that has a voice now and can let konami know about how i feel about the game.
A lot of my friends are now FIFAFan's until i've been started playing them and started to let them know how good PES 2010 is gonna be because in my opinion once a PESFan always a PESFan
- Graphics have improved dramatically
- The new tactical formation options
- Online system sounds like it's back to it's best
- Wide camera view
- Light textures
(So far this is what i like the most, so far !)
- Slower paced games (all the old PS2 PES titles were fast paced games will feel like a big change to go from fast to slow)
- Liverpool licensed again... (sorry suff)
Big Willy Is At The Back[/color]
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:31 pm
- Gamertag: Freestyleh7
- PSN: Freestyleh7
i would love it if u guys could include the following features
1.An arena mode like the fifa one...where one player could do as he likes on the pitch ...but we should have an option to chose 1 player or two...
2.Live the Moment mode-this should be a unique mode....which is unlocked after winning certain match or mode...
this live the moment should be playing a historic moment in football...like the 93rd minute free kick that beckham took for england at old trafford...so we players can play that moment...
3.celebrations -we should have a choice of celebrations and also we should be able to run with player as he scores...
4.managers should be seen during the match cinematics....
5.free kicks should improve and be more player friendly(especially curled free kicks)
6.change the commentry...should be next gen....plus the commentator should shout the players name while he takes the free kick..example: "and Ronaldooooooo.....oh what a fantastic goal!!!!!!!"
....and last but not the least...it would be gr8 if pes could get license for all EPL and La Liga Teams...
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:20 am
- Card system
- Tactic sliders
- Slower pace of the game
- Return to roots with more manual and responsive gameplay
- Stunning graphics
- Impressive video of Messi mo-cap
What I would like to see next:
- Details of new game modes
- An in-depth reveal of the Master League
- Look at the online system now in place
- Video showing off new animations
- Video showing gameplay
- Posts: 55
- Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:52 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest