FIFA 12 News, Information & Discussion Part 6

News from the FIFA gaming world, discussions from the posts on FIFASoccerBlog.com, and general FIFA forum.

Re: FIFA 12 News, Information & Discussion Part 6

Postby Silverstone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:28 pm

Saf94 wrote:EA voted as worst company in America on a vote on 'The Consumerist'. They beat out the likes of Bank of America, Facebook, Google, and Apple.

"Consumerist readers ultimately decided that the type of greed exhibited by EA, which is supposed to be making the world a more fun place, is worse than Bank of America's avarice, which some would argue is the entire point of operating a bank."

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congratu ... -2012.html

Means nothing. EA's not perfect like every other company out there, but clearly these votes were cast by a bunch of know-nothings who have no clue about what's actually important in the world or what it means to have to have to make a profit and pay workers their salaries. John Reseburg said it well, "We're sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren't on the list this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."
Silverstone
International
International

Postby Saf94 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Silverstone wrote:
Saf94 wrote:EA voted as worst company in America on a vote on 'The Consumerist'. They beat out the likes of Bank of America, Facebook, Google, and Apple.

"Consumerist readers ultimately decided that the type of greed exhibited by EA, which is supposed to be making the world a more fun place, is worse than Bank of America's avarice, which some would argue is the entire point of operating a bank."

Means nothing. EA's not perfect like every other company out there, but clearly these votes were cast by a bunch of know-nothings who have no clue about what's actually important in the world or what it means to have to have to make a profit and pay workers their salaries. John Reseburg said it well, "We're sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren't on the list this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

Yeah you're probably right but it just shows how many people EA piss off, whether they are justified or not is another matter.
Saf94
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Silverstone » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:45 pm

Saf94 wrote:
Silverstone wrote:

Yeah you're probably right but it just shows how many people EA piss off, whether they are justified or not is another matter.

Well, when you're on top people like to seize upon any opportunity to take pot shots. I'd venture to say most of these complainants are people who feel like they shouldn't have to pay (or their parents won't pay) for EA's DLC, or who don't like the endings of certain games. Neither of which is a valid reason to vote for any organization as the worst company anywhere :lol:

Anyway, back to FIFA :)
Silverstone
International
International

Postby Alan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:45 am

I do question in some part the sanity of those who clamoured to vote in order to make this the case but it would be a tad silly to completely ignore it. For me, EA have and still are slowly but surely regressing back to their exploitive ways. ME3 (not the ending by the way), Madden, FIFA (many hardcore players would say), BF3, and other titles have suffered from numerous problems ranging from bugs, online functionality, exploitive DLC models and post-sales support. Yes, other suffer similarly but consumers are becoming tired with EA's cynicism and I think it only stings all the more as they had indeed improved vastly as a publisher/dev when this generation initially started. It's all very well them hoovering up studios left, right and centre but it is what they then demand of those studios once they are under the EA banner.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | PSGB by buying from:
GAME | iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Alan
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Curdstar75
PSN: Curdstar75

Postby Silverstone » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:10 am

Alan wrote:

I do question in some part the sanity of those who clamoured to vote in order to make this the case but it would be a tad silly to completely ignore it. For me, EA have and still are slowly but surely regressing back to their exploitive ways. ME3 (not the ending by the way), Madden, FIFA (many hardcore players would say), BF3, and other titles have suffered from numerous problems ranging from bugs, online functionality, exploitive DLC models and post-sales support. Yes, other suffer similarly but consumers are becoming tired with EA's cynicism and I think it only stings all the more as they had indeed improved vastly as a publisher/dev when this generation initially started. It's all very well them hoovering up studios left, right and centre but it is what they then demand of those studios once they are under the EA banner.

Meh, regardless of personal biases, this is still a pointless poll that means nothing, Unfortunately it was obviously completed mostly by kids no doubt that have no responsibility or real perspective on the world. If adults had been completing the poll, banks, oil companies (BP would have gotten my vote), mortgage lenders etc... would have accumulated far more numbers than a company that makes inconsequential video games.
Silverstone
International
International

Postby Silverstone » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:30 am

Forgot to post the real reason I came to the thread :lol:

So after several months of trying off and on, I've finally given up on FIFA for the year. Just something not quite right with it. Not sure if it's the AI, the bouncy player and ball physics, the lack of cut and thrust... either way, even after many hours spent adjusting sliders, settings and camera angles I just never feel comfortable or taken by the game. Just all feels a bit to complicated and overproduced... Still, I didn't like any FIFA really (WC 2010 was okay) up until this one, so EA must be getting closer...
Silverstone
International
International

Postby Alan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Silverstone wrote:
Alan wrote:

Meh, regardless of personal biases, this is still a pointless poll that means nothing, Unfortunately it was obviously completed mostly by kids no doubt that have no responsibility or real perspective on the world. If adults had been completing the poll, banks, oil companies (BP would have gotten my vote), mortgage lenders etc... would have accumulated far more numbers than a company that makes inconsequential video games.

true but I would say there is no smoke without fire and something compelled these folks to vote. There is no question that they most certainly are not the worst company in the world, that we most certainly can agree upon ;)

As for your follow up post, I can see where you are coming from. I played WC2010, FIFA12 and PES12 back to back last night and FIFA12 came in a comfortable third regards enjoyment, immersion, basically everything I want from a footy game. It isn't bad and I am still looking forward to giving the EURO DLC a run out but it just didn't feel as alive as the other two games when I was playing them all last night.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | PSGB by buying from:
GAME | iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Alan
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Curdstar75
PSN: Curdstar75

Postby Silverstone » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:59 pm

Alan wrote:true but I would say there is no smoke without fire and something compelled these folks to vote. There is no question that they most certainly are not the worst company in the world, that we most certainly can agree upon ;)

As for your follow up post, I can see where you are coming from. I played WC2010, FIFA12 and PES12 back to back last night and FIFA12 came in a comfortable third regards enjoyment, immersion, basically everything I want from a footy game. It isn't bad and I am still looking forward to giving the EURO DLC a run out but it just didn't feel as alive as the other two games when I was playing them all last night.

Concur with that. Just lacks the cut and thrust as well as the ebb and flow of the other games, I feel.
Silverstone
International
International

Postby MGMT » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:50 pm

I play fifa 12 everyday now, and I enjoy it. I wonder what'll be improved this year for fifa 13. I hope they will keep making small subtle changes to the ball physics etc, but please sort out the skating. For a couple of months ago I almost hated fifa 12, but something made me enjoy it again.
MGMT
International
International

Postby _anderson » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:52 pm

FIFA needs a overhaul in it's physicality, players still feel somewhat the same, their "weightlessness" (does that exist?) is the one thing that keeps me from playing it regularly, ball control is too easy, taking away a layer of realism.
_anderson
Manager
Manager

Postby DA77EN » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:14 am

_anderson wrote:FIFA needs a overhaul in it's physicality, players still feel somewhat the same, their "weightlessness" (does that exist?) is the one thing that keeps me from playing it regularly, ball control is too easy, taking away a layer of realism.

This is why I can't play this game unfortunately
FIGHTINGELEVEN (Gameplay Is Fundamental)
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

PSN: DA77EN
Twitter: @iAmDa77en

Postby MGMT » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:26 am

_anderson wrote:FIFA needs a overhaul in it's physicality, players still feel somewhat the same, their "weightlessness" (does that exist?) is the one thing that keeps me from playing it regularly, ball control is too easy, taking away a layer of realism.

Yep, spot on mate. I want to add that sometimes when you're shooting a quite hard shot at the keeper, he just "glues" the ball like it was a poor shot. That takes away some kind of feeling too. Add weight to the players and the ball.
MGMT
International
International

Postby nobleknight91 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:40 am

MGMT wrote:

Yep, spot on mate. I want to add that sometimes when you're shooting a quite hard shot at the keeper, he just "glues" the ball like it was a poor shot. That takes away some kind of feeling too. Add weight to the players and the ball.

I agree with both of you.Also, fifa needs more randomness and more friendly teammate AI.
Just Living So I Can Die Smiling .....I'm The Man Who Can't Be Moved

check my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNobleknight91?feature=mhee
nobleknight91
International
International

PSN: nobleknight91
Twitter: @NobleKnight91

Postby Bravez » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 pm

To add to this, me and a mate were playiing on the same team vs cpu yesterday and it was dire. AI team mates just wander off leaving massive gaps or forward/midfielders in acres of space. The amount of crosses that the cpu put in to open strikers was ridiculous and nothing you could do about it.
FOX me.
Bravez
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: King Bravez
PSN: BRAVEZ

Postby Silverstone » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:58 pm

Bravez wrote:To add to this, me and a mate were playiing on the same team vs cpu yesterday and it was dire. AI team mates just wander off leaving massive gaps or forward/midfielders in acres of space. The amount of crosses that the cpu put in to open strikers was ridiculous and nothing you could do about it.

Yea, the AI is bit gormless all over the field really, whether on defence, attack or knocking it around through the midfield. I think it's the main reason the game becomes a bit boring midway through a session.
Silverstone
International
International

Postby DA77EN » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Not much going on in this place
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Pes_Junkie » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:00 pm

DA77EN wrote:Not much going on in this place

There never is mate. Would love this forum to be as busy as the PES one, wishful thinking lol. It's clear as day that PES has much more passionate fans :)
Pes_Junkie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DA77EN » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:38 am

It like one man and his dog round this part ;)
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

Postby DA77EN » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Ghost town once again, nice
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Pes_Junkie » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:34 pm

I bet even when FIFA 13 news/info drops this forum will still be morbid like it is now.
Pes_Junkie
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA News / Discussion