FIFA 12 News, Information & Discussion Part 6

News from the FIFA gaming world, discussions from the posts on FIFASoccerBlog.com, and general FIFA forum.

FIFA 12 News, Information & Discussion Part 6

Postby nani17 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:12 am

LAST POST
ShadyKnight wrote:First it was FIFAWC2010, now it's FIFA Street. I think I really like all of EA's non-FIFA football output. :lol:

They seem to make everything but FIFA really quite decently.
nani17
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Vidic17
PSN: Vidic17
Twitter: @nani17t

Re: FIFA 12 News, Information & Discussion Part 6

Postby jonas10 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:01 am

I downloaded FIFA street,and suprisingly as it seems i found it to be a pretty neat game.

This is what EA is all about,making arcade games.And this one is quiet a good and fun one.

I don't know if anyone here as the game,but since i only played the demo i have to ask if the retail version suffers from bad framerate as the demo?That's the only thing i ddin't like in the game.

Also is the futsal mode realy futsal or just the same game and rules in just a futsal stadium?I love futsal(my club is actually one of the best in Europe,even reached the futsal champions league final last year)but it would be a letdown if the futsal mode was just the same as the regular mode.

I know that it doesn't have real futsal teams (which is a shame)but at least i hope the mode as real futsal rules.
jonas10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Silverstone » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:02 pm

From the FSB front page, a shed-load of lovely FIFA Street arenas :D Tokyo Futsal stadium 8-)

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-street-the-arenas-list/
Silverstone
International
International

Postby jonas10 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:37 pm

I was going to buy the game at my lunch hour but then i noticed it wasn't released yet :lol:

Bear with me,yesterday was the first time i turned on the ps3 since that online incident fiasco(that's how much i play video games ,or i have time to play them...).

I also went to youtube to see the futsal mode,looks like it as similar rules to the real futsal.

Only this game is all about tricks,in real futsal while there is always some tricksters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIJK3xcjiKE this guy is the best Portuguese futsal player,while ihe plays for the biggest rival of my club he is still a very entertaining player to watch)the game isn't all about that.

I hope in next installments of the game they had real futsal teams(and make the mode a bit more serious if possible).

But since im a futsal fan and i always craved for decent game of this sport im pretty happy with what were getting for now.Kudos to EA.
jonas10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Silverstone » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:37 pm

jonas10 wrote:I was going to buy the game at my lunch hour but then i noticed it wasn't released yet :lol:

Bear with me,yesterday was the first time i turned on the ps3 since that online incident fiasco(that's how much i play video games ,or i have time to play them...).

I also went to youtube to see the futsal mode,looks like it as similar rules to the real futsal.

Only this game is all about tricks,in real futsal while there is always some tricksters (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIJK3xcjiKE this guy is the best Portuguese futsal player,while ihe plays for the biggest rival of my club he is still a very entertaining player to watch)the game isn't all about that.

I hope in next installments of the game they had real futsal teams(and make the mode a bit more serious if possible).

But since im a futsal fan and i always craved for decent game of this sport im pretty happy with what were getting for now.Kudos to EA.

Same here. I think the demo is great considering it's set to easy and is a bare-bones repetitive demo. The demo I have on the PS3 runs silky smooth with no framerate issue. To be honest, I've had more fun with this demo in the last week than I've had with any PES of other FIFA game over the last five years. I don't use many tricks and it's quite tactical even though it's set to easy. Was going to wait for a price drop but I think I'll pick this up next Tuesday.
Silverstone
International
International

Postby ShadyKnight » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:43 pm

I wonder if FIFA Street will begin to be released annually or after a couple of years or so? If the game takes off, EA will have stitched up the football season with their normal FIFA title as well as the off-season with FIFA Street. Bumders. :lol:
Steve Austin wrote:“You people get up every morning, you throw a ham and cheese sandwich in a metal lunchbox, you punch a time clock, you let some jack-off yell at you for nine hours, then you punch out and go home to some hag. I’ll never do that, man”
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member

Postby jonas10 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 pm

Silverstone wrote:
Same here. I think the demo is great considering it's set to easy and is a bare-bones repetitive demo. The demo I have on the PS3 runs silky smooth with no framerate issue. To be honest, I've had more fun with this demo in the last week than I've had with any PES of other FIFA game over the last five years. I don't use many tricks and it's quite tactical even though it's set to easy. Was going to wait for a price drop but I think I'll pick this up next Tuesday.

Framerate is an issue on replays and such,not on gameplay per se.

It's a buy for sure,that futsal mode is the culprit :D

ShadyKnight wrote:I wonder if FIFA Street will begin to be released annually or after a couple of years or so? If the game takes off, EA will have stitched up the football season with their normal FIFA title as well as the off-season with FIFA Street. Bumders. :lol:

I don't know if it will be an success,i doubt it will sell as good as the football titles.

But i wouldn't mind if the series would become an anual release,But they must include real futsal teams on the next game.I think they have a winner here and i can see the series expand.

There's al lot of futsal fans in Spain,Portugal and Italy(wich are also the best european leagues),not to mention the huge love there is for futsal in Brasil.

There's a lot of potential in the series.

And in the future...

8-) :lol:
jonas10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Silverstone » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:03 am

jonas10 wrote:But i wouldn't mind if the series would become an anual release,But they must include real futsal teams on the next game.I think they have a winner here and i can see the series expand.

Completely agree. There's a huge market here. EA has taken a step in the right direction by taking this years FA Street game in a more serious and mature direction. By continuing in that fashion and by adding proper Futsal licenses it could really do well I think. I played a lot of five-a-side football growing up and in some ways I think it's a lot more exciting to play than standard football. Looking forward to seeing if that's true with this.
Silverstone
International
International

Postby nobleknight91 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:25 pm

I think Fifa Street will be a good games and I'll buy it it esp for 5vs5
The strange thing that I found is that I feel better scoring a goal in Fifa street than scoring in the original Fifa game
I don't know why but its really strange ....Am I alone in that ? ;)
Just Living So I Can Die Smiling .....I'm The Man Who Can't Be Moved

check my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheNobleknight91?feature=mhee
nobleknight91
International
International

PSN: nobleknight91
Twitter: @NobleKnight91

Postby Silverstone » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:00 pm

nobleknight91 wrote:I think Fifa Street will be a good games and I'll buy it it esp for 5vs5
The strange thing that I found is that I feel better scoring a goal in Fifa street than scoring in the original Fifa game
I don't know why but its really strange ....Am I alone in that ? ;)

Nope. It feels better than scoring a goal in recent PES games too.
Silverstone
International
International

Postby DA77EN » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:14 pm

You gyes are enjoying this game, I must give it a proper bash tonight
FIGHTINGELEVEN (Gameplay Is Fundamental)
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

PSN: DA77EN
Twitter: @iAmDa77en

Postby Pes_Junkie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Glad to see others are enjoying this. I tried it again last night, but just couldnt get into it- always knew it wasnt really guna be my thing. I reckon it'll get pretty boring after a few weeks solid play and then everyone will be looking forward to the Euro's game/ fifa 13/ pes 13.

Enjoy it while it lasts lads!
Pes_Junkie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Silverstone » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:02 pm

Pes_Junkie wrote:I reckon it'll get pretty boring after a few weeks solid play and then everyone will be looking forward to the Euro's game/ fifa 13/ pes 13.

Damn, just like PES 2008-12 then. Hope not :(
Silverstone
International
International

Postby DA77EN » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:02 pm

But could be a lath with mates
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

Postby ShadyKnight » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:04 am

Does anyone find the inclusion of club kits a bit off (in FIFA Street)? Obviously there's no harm because we can choose the street kits, but it just seems a bit odd to me. Probably trying to wring as much value out of the EPL license as possible. :D
Steve Austin wrote:“You people get up every morning, you throw a ham and cheese sandwich in a metal lunchbox, you punch a time clock, you let some jack-off yell at you for nine hours, then you punch out and go home to some hag. I’ll never do that, man”
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member

Postby Silverstone » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:01 pm

ShadyKnight wrote:Does anyone find the inclusion of club kits a bit off (in FIFA Street)? Obviously there's no harm because we can choose the street kits, but it just seems a bit odd to me. Probably trying to wring as much value out of the EPL license as possible. :D

Does seem slightly whimsical doesn't it. With the way licensing goes these days in football, I'm surprised EA is actually allowed to used the club strips in this way.
Silverstone
International
International

Postby ShadyKnight » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Silverstone wrote:
ShadyKnight wrote:Does anyone find the inclusion of club kits a bit off (in FIFA Street)? Obviously there's no harm because we can choose the street kits, but it just seems a bit odd to me. Probably trying to wring as much value out of the EPL license as possible. :D

Does seem slightly whimsical doesn't it. With the way licensing goes these days in football, I'm surprised EA is actually allowed to used the club strips in this way.

I'm sure the licensing fee from FIFA Street going the way of the EPL money men means they won't protest too much. :D
ShadyKnight
Board Member
Board Member

Postby Silverstone » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:28 pm

ShadyKnight wrote:
Silverstone wrote:

I'm sure the licensing fee from FIFA Street going the way of the EPL money men means they won't protest too much. :D

:D Indeed.
Silverstone
International
International

Postby fifa_king » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 am

Havent been here in a while but its that time of year again when we hear news on fifa pes so im back,here is gametrailers review on fifa street not my cup of tea but its same old same new...ffs EA fix the Ai of the computer for (fifa 13) take a look at pes 12,s Ai period...pes 12,s Ai is a breath of fresh air as im still saying from last year... :oops:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/revie ... eet/727958
This one opens the door and this one shoots the stuff outtttttttttt....
fifa_king
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby DA77EN » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:49 am

Playing the demo of FIFA STREET a bit more and it's not bad but don't really know if it's good enough to give 40 bucks of mine
DA77EN
Pundit
Pundit

Next

Return to FIFA News / Discussion