another dave rutter interview... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyZ5epFO ... r_embedded
DLC, FIFA 13 and NHL-war
We have talked to FIFA producer David Rutter
Together with the winter cold and thick sweater, waiting FIFA 12 just around the corner, and on that occasion we were invited to Stockholm to chat with senior producer for FIFA games, David Rutter. Over the short ten minutes we had available, we learned a lot about innovations, future plans and internal rivalries.
FIFA games tend to have three new items to focus on in each new edition, and this time present you something you call "a trinity of innovation" for FIFA 12 What do you mean by this?
- Trinity consists of "Position dribbling", "Tactical Defending" and "Impact Player Engine". The first offers a detailed control of when you have the ball, the other eliminates a number of button presses from the defensive game, and lets you concentrate on thinking tactically, and the third is a physics engine that provides almost infinite variety of collisions between players.
What is EA Football Club?
- It forms the main artery in this year's FIFA, and gives you the opportunity to work out your profile by using the experience points earned through gameplay. You can compare yourself with friends and keep you updated on what they have done in the game. You can also connect you to your favorite club, and help them earn experience points, and play the same games they play in the real world through special challenges.
Lots of new, in other words. Are there any items you would like to have, but that nothing of?
- Most were in fact of this time, thanks to good planning, but there is always something that is not included. But I'm not going to reveal to you, it probably shows up in FIFA 13
So there is no DLC packs or content updates during the FIFA 12-season?
- Maybe in future games, but we do not work actively with any DLC system for the near future. The goal is to deliver a good game so early in the season as possible, something we have done this year. But we have much work in the EA Football Club to ensure that there is much interest in FIFA, even further into the season.
But you are then going with FIFA 13 already?
- Some have already begun to sketch it up, but we do not start working on it full until after Christmas.
It is now possible to choose how strict the judges will be on the cards and free kicks, and the players react with anger to certain decisions. How long until we see judges who do wrong decisions, as in real life?
- We are always divided on this question, but we will NOK not going to make some changes soon. We see already that many players jumping out of online gaming when it goes bad, you can just imagine what it is about the game can make the occasional mistake. Secondly, I think most football supporters would like the sport better if it was possible to avoid judgments wrong.
Previously there have been internal kniving with Madden team in EA Sports in Canada for the best results happen yet? Is it true that you get a bonus for reaching a certain average score on Metacritic?
- That's only NHL team as we have reached over 90 on Metacritic, so it is those we rivals by now. I actually live next door to the NHL manufacturer at the hotel here in Stockholm and we were out for a walk last night and had a good laugh of the internal blade no. When it comes to bonuses, is it one time only, when I and the EA Sports boss Peter Moore signed a bet during the development of FIFA 10 The result was a Metacritic score of 90, and a huge party at the whole team, bought you the boss himself.
What is the next big step for the FIFA series?
- Without revealing much, I can say that there is talk about more focus on game modes, online gaming and social elements.
FIFA 12 is developed by EA Sports and published by Electronic Arts. The game launched 29 September in most available formats.
This one opens the door and this one shoots the stuff outtttttttttt....