Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby dach » Tue May 25, 2010 11:07 am

. In one of my games the A.I took the ball to the corner flag I don`t personally remember the A.I doing this before on PES 2010.

I have seen it a quite few times in pal version of pes 2010, my first time seeing it was in the demo

I was like wow cool then I tackled him with messi and got red :(
dach
Mascot
Mascot

Gamertag: DDEES
Twitter: @pes_nut

Postby Jonkirlo » Tue May 25, 2010 11:43 am

dach wrote:
. In one of my games the A.I took the ball to the corner flag I don`t personally remember the A.I doing this before on PES 2010.

I have seen it a quite few times in pal version of pes 2010, my first time seeing it was in the demo

I was like wow cool then I tackled him with messi and got red :(

:lol:
I'm guilty of doing that at times, however if the computer does it to me I get extremely frustrated.

Anyway it's good to hear about the positive tweaks, especially with the ball physics. Looking forward to seeing more feedback.
Inspire belief.
Jonkirlo
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: freeflow
Twitter: jonkirlo

PSP: Blue Samurai. Armando's first impressions

Postby Armando Dona » Tue May 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Hey Guys-

Finally, I’ve managed to purchase WE: Samurai Blue.

Initially, I wanted to purchase the PS3 version, but the price of the game over here is quite high; HK$520, so I thought if I was going to spend that much of my hard earned benjamins on a video game, it may as well be one that I’m going to play more frequently, hence the decision to change my mind and purchase the PSP version instead.

The PS3 version of the game is everywhere, but the PSP vers. is like gold-dust. A vendor said he could transfer the game if my PSP was ‘modified’. I’m a law abiding citizen and wouldn’t normally advocate breaking the law but such was my desperation, I agreed; time will tell if it was a wise decision, but I’ve now got FIFA WC, NBA LIVE, NBA 2K10, GT & Ridge Racer thrown in with Samurai Blue all for the same price of what a boxed WE would have cost me. Suffice to say, this is probably the most frustrating experience I’ve ever had trying to purchase a video game; was it worth it?

Gameplay:

I’ve played a couple of hours; both exhibition and JP challenge mode, and I can’t see a great deal of difference between this and WE10. But hey, that’s not a bad thing at all. Anybody who has read my thoughts on the PSP version of the game before will know how highly I regard it; for me, it’s the best football simulation out there right now. One of the areas that I think could have been improved is the pace of the game; a slower game that would enable that midfield maestro, like a Pirlo or a Xavi, to have more time on the ball and unlock the opposition’s defence with a killer through-ball; something like holding down the L2 button in 09 on the PS3 in order for the player to dribble more slowly with the ball closer to his feet would be a great addition to the PSP. One difference I noticed in JP challenge mode, although very subtle, is that the opposition will try to pass the ball more in their own half, but it’s nothing like the frequency of passes that you see on the PS3 version. Keepers, ball and players’ physics, AI, pace, difficulty, set-pieces, etc all feel the same as WE10.

Presentation

As Joolz has already stated, the game is oriented towards the Samurai Blue - Japanese National Team. As you patiently wait to get to the menu screen and after the official logos, you are greeted by a team photo of the samurai blue, you are then prompted to press the start button, after which you are then directed to the menu screen which as the Saitama Stadium in the background. Unfortunately, and just like its PS3 counterpart, you don’t have the option of changing the text to English, so, unless you can navigate your way through without the aid of text, you could find this quite cumbersome. Something I was really, really impressed with was the highlights of the samurai blue matches in JP challenge mode; this will get you in the right mood before that first ball is kicked and adds a whole new dimension to the experience. And if you’re not too familiar with kanji, katakana or hiragana, the JP challenge mode has the faces of the Samurai Blue squad, which makes selecting your team before a match a whole lot easier.

What’s new?

The king of commentary, Jon Kabira, can now be heard shouting shooto, yellow card-a-des, penalty-kick-a-des and my personal fave, bonzaaa!! Just like the stadiums, although I’m not sure if there are additional stadiums because of the text, this was a long time coming, and worth the wait - I can’t wait to annoy my fellow MTR commuters. The Japanese, Argentina, Germany, Spain, Croatia, Ivory Coast away and Ghana away kits have been updated; Australia, Netherlands and Portugal haven’t. There could well be other additions, but the text prevents me from finding that out.

Criticisms

Although I think it’s the best football simulation on the market right now, I would have appreciated some little tweaks in the gameplay; as mentioned before, a slower paced game, but this is harsh considering this was released only a few months after WE10. We are now in May and some transfers from the last window have not been reflected; Van Nistelrooy is still at Madrid, Mancini at Inter, etc. Again, this may sound harsh, but this is poor and would not have taken the team at Konami too much time to address.

So, is it worth buying, then?

Depends what you’re looking for. My advice, and this is merely my opinion, considering the price, unless you are a real fan of the WE series or the Samurai Blue, you may want to wait for the price to drop or give it a miss altogether.

Why should I wait? There isn’t any real difference with the gameplay; the game feels the same as WE10, and navigating your way through the Japanese only text will test your patience.

Why should I spend my hard earned money on this? The new additions; the commentary, highlights from the Samurai Blue, JP challenge mode and players faces bring a whole new experience to the game; I feel more connected to the Samurai Blue and it creates a positive approach to the game.

If I were to score this from 0 – 10, I’d happily give it a 9.5.

As this is a download, I don't have the box, so you will have to put up with my ugly mug and the PSP instead: http://twitpic.com/1qvlj8
Last edited by Armando Dona on Tue May 25, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armando Dona

Re: PSP: Blue Samurai. Armando's first impressions

Postby England » Tue May 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Armando Dona wrote:Hey Guys-

Finally, I’ve managed to purchase WE: Samurai Blue.

Initially, I wanted to purchase the PS3 version, but the price of the game over here is quite high; HK$520, so I thought if I was going to spend that much of my hard earned benjamins on a video game, it may as well be one that I’m going to play more frequently, hence the decision to change my mind and purchase the PSP version instead.

The PS3 version of the game is everywhere, but the PSP vers. is like gold-dust. A vendor said he could transfer the game if my PSP was ‘modified’. I’m a law abiding citizen and wouldn’t normally advocate breaking the law but such was my desperation, I agreed; time will tell if it was a wise decision, but I’ve now got FIFA WC, NBA LIVE, NBA 2K10, GT & Ridge Racer thrown in with Samurai Blue all for the same price of what a boxed WE would have cost me. Suffice to say, this is probably the most frustrating experience I’ve ever had trying to purchase a video game; was it worth it?

Gameplay:

I’ve played a couple of hours; both exhibition and JP challenge mode, and I can’t see a great deal of difference between this and WE10. But hey, that’s not a bad thing at all. Anybody who has read my thoughts on the PSP version of the game before will know how highly I regard it; for me, it’s the best football simulation out there right now. One of the areas that I think could have been improved is the pace of the game; a slower game that would enable that midfield maestro, like a Pirlo or a Xavi, to have more time on the ball and unlock the opposition’s defence with a killer through-ball; something like holding down the L2 button in 09 on the PS3 in order for the player to dribble more slowly with the ball closer to his feet would be a great addition to the PSP. One difference I noticed in JP challenge mode, although very subtle, is that the opposition will try to pass the ball more in their own half, but it’s nothing like the frequency of passes that you see on the PS3 version. Keepers, ball and players’ physics, AI, pace, difficulty, set-pieces, etc all feel the same as WE10.

Presentation

As Joolz has already stated, the game is oriented towards the Samurai Blue - Japanese National Team. As you patiently wait to get to the menu screen and after the official logos, you are greeted by a team photo of the samurai blue, you are then prompted to press the start button, after which you are then directed to the menu screen which as the Saitama Stadium in the background. Unfortunately, and just like its PS3 counterpart, you don’t have the option of changing the text to English, so, unless you can navigate your way through without the aid of text, you could find this quite cumbersome. Something I was really, really impressed with was the highlights of the samurai blue matches in JP challenge mode; this will get you in the right mood before that first ball is kicked and adds a whole new dimension to the experience. And if you’re not too familiar with kanji, katakana or hiragana, the JP challenge mode has the faces of the Samurai Blue squad, which makes selecting your team before a match a whole lot easier.

What’s new?

The king of commentary, Jon Kabira, can now be heard shouting shooto, yellow card-a-des, penalty-kick-a-des and my personal fave, bonzaaa!! Just like the stadiums, although I’m not sure if there are additional stadiums because of the text, this was a long time coming, and worth the wait - I can’t wait to annoy my fellow MTR commuters. The Japanese, Argentina, Germany, Spain, Croatia, Ivory Coast away and Ghana away kits have been updated; Australia, Netherlands and Portugal haven’t. There could well be other additions, but the text prevents me from finding that out.

Criticisms

Although I think it’s the best football simulation on the market right now, I would have appreciated some little tweaks in the gameplay; as mentioned before, a slower paced game, but this is harsh considering this was released only a few months after WE10. We are now in May and some transfers from the last window have not been reflected; Van Nistelrooy is still at Madrid, Mancini at Inter, etc. Again, this may sound harsh, but this is poor and would not have taken the team at Konami too much time to address.

So, is it worth buying, then?

Depends what you’re looking for. My advice, and this is merely my opinion, considering the price, unless you are a real fan of the WE series or the Samurai Blue, you may want to wait for the price to drop or give it a miss altogether.

Why should I wait? There isn’t any real difference with the gameplay; the game feels the same as WE10, and navigating your way through the Japanese only text will test your patience.

Why should I spend my hard earned money on this? The new additions; the commentary, highlights from the Samurai Blue, JP challenge mode and players faces bring a whole new experience to the game; I feel more connected to the Samurai Blue and it creates a positive approach to the game.

If I were to score this from 0 – 10, I’d happily give it a 9.5.

http://twitpic.com/1qvlj8

Nice one mate. Thanks Armando.
England

Postby roigafni » Wed May 26, 2010 7:37 am

Few updates:

1. Well I have to admit that the player control isnt that good as I mention earlier. It's much better than PES/WE2010 but still not enough IMO. But there is an improvement in that area.
2. GK- are much better. It's harder to score a goal now though sometines their reaction is just too much and unhuman.
3. A.I- while they give you more space than before they're still annoying but in a good way. it's harder to score a goal now. they'll hunt you down when you'll have a shot opportunities. altough it depends against who you playing. I mean teams like stoke city or wolves or even blackburn (sorry mac :-)) will be easier to break through.
4. shooting is better and more accurate.
Please LIKE our WENB Facebook Page!
roigafni
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

PSN: Roi_Gafni
Twitter: @roi_gafni

Postby sarpbey » Wed May 26, 2010 7:39 am

roigafni wrote:Few updates:

1. Well I have to admit that the player control isnt that good as I mention earlier. It's much better than PES/WE2010 but still not enough IMO. But there is an improvement in that area.
2. GK- are much better. It's harder to score a goal now though sometines their reaction is just too much and unhuman.
3. A.I- while they give you more space than before they're still annoying but in a good way. it's harder to score a goal now. they'll hunt you down when you'll have a shot opportunities. altough it depends against who you playing. I mean teams like stoke city or wolves or even blackburn (sorry mac :-)) will be easier to break through.

Good job mate.. Please give your impressions on REFREE issue..
And will you post a video?

Best
[size=50]As a veteran PES player (1997-2010); I've tried Fifa Full Manual via Fifa 11 this year.. And this is the best Football sim I've ever played... Lets see what EA & Konami has in their hands to show for 2012[/size]
sarpbey
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: sarpbey

Postby roigafni » Wed May 26, 2010 8:28 am

sarpbey wrote:

Best

The referee is better and more strict. But the A.I is very caution and almost not tackle you they just running near you to gain ball possession. But when the are they'll see the yellow card.

I can post a video but the quality will be poor as I dont have HD camera.
roigafni
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby sarpbey » Wed May 26, 2010 11:04 am

roigafni wrote:
sarpbey wrote:

Best

The referee is better and more strict. But the A.I is very caution and almost not tackle you they just running near you to gain ball possession. But when the are they'll see the yellow card.

I can post a video but the quality will be poor as I dont have HD camera.

Did you gain any penalties so far?
[size=50]As a veteran PES player (1997-2010); I've tried Fifa Full Manual via Fifa 11 this year.. And this is the best Football sim I've ever played... Lets see what EA & Konami has in their hands to show for 2012[/size]
sarpbey
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: sarpbey

Postby roigafni » Wed May 26, 2010 11:43 am

sarpbey wrote:Did you gain any penalties so far?

yeah I have. on my first match with the game. I already mention it on my impression of the game.
roigafni
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Armando Dona's thoughts on the PS3 version

Postby Armando Dona » Wed May 26, 2010 3:30 pm

As hard as I tried to resist, temptation got the better of me and I couldn’t stop myself from purchasing WE Blue Samurai on the PS3. As members have already posted their thoughts on this version of the game, I’ll keep it brief.

I have played a good couple of hours now in both JP challenge and exhibition mode. I have noticed the following:

The pace and dynamics of the ball is better than WE10, which improves shooting and long range passing; HOWEVER, it’s not a huge difference from WE10, and a lobbed pass over the opposition’s defence, which can make or break a game, still goes way too far ahead of the player running onto it.

Players’ control of the ball is now tighter and this allows the game to feel less rigid than WE10; HOWEVER (there’s that word again), it’s still not close enough, and dribbling still feels like you’re imitating Winston Bogarde over Hackney marshes on a wet winter morning.

Something I noticed almost immediately was the opposition’s defence; whereas in WE10 they would rush out at you and leave gaps for you to run into, they now hold a lot deeper. I think it’s arguable as to whether this is a good or bad thing; I used to like the defenders running out at me so I could exploit those gaps.

As with the PSP version, JP challenge mode has highlights from the Samurai Blue and players’ faces. This is a really nice touch and enhances the experience. Definitely the best feature of the game.

I can’t say I’ve noticed a great deal of difference with the referees, keepers and animations. The keepers seem to push the ball to the side more, but apart from that, I haven’t noticed any other change.

I don’t have the capability to provide a video, so here’s a pic of the packaging: http://twitpic.com/1r8ipt As with the PSP pic yesterday, you will have to put up with my mug next to it.

To buy, or not to buy?

If you’re thinking this is redemption for WE10, you’re mistaken; the improvements are subtle and haven’t had that much of an impact on the game and the problems from WE10 still remain. If your rationale for buying this game is an improved WE10, my advice would be to save your money.

If you were content with WE10, an avid fan of the WE series / Samurai Blue and are looking for something extra, then my advice would be to buy this. The JP challenge mode brings you closer to the Samurai Blue and enhances the experience.

PSP or PS3?

Without any question, definitely the PSP. Even though the gameplay in the PSP version hasn’t been touched, the new features; the commentary, highlights & players’ faces in JP challenge mode, the new kits, background and even the G.O.A.L popping up in the challenge mode make a HUGE difference to the experience. I really appreciate the new features on the PSP and they are a lot more noticeable than the PS3 version, so I’m willing to turn a blind eye to Konami not tweaking the PSP’s gameplay.
Armando Dona

Postby pjft » Wed May 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Small question: does the PSP version have English menus?
pjft
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Armando Dona's thoughts on the PS3 version

Postby geohds » Wed May 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Armando Dona wrote:As hard as I tried to resist, temptation got the better of me and I couldn’t stop myself from purchasing WE Blue Samurai on the PS3. As members have already posted their thoughts on this version of the game, I’ll keep it brief.

I have played a good couple of hours now in both JP challenge and exhibition mode. I have noticed the following:

The pace and dynamics of the ball is better than WE10, which improves shooting and long range passing; HOWEVER, it’s not a huge difference from WE10, and a lobbed pass over the opposition’s defence, which can make or break a game, still goes way too far ahead of the player running onto it.

Players’ control of the ball is now tighter and this allows the game to feel less rigid than WE10; HOWEVER (there’s that word again), it’s still not close enough, and dribbling still feels like you’re imitating Winston Bogarde over Hackney marshes on a wet winter morning.

Something I noticed almost immediately was the opposition’s defence; whereas in WE10 they would rush out at you and leave gaps for you to run into, they now hold a lot deeper. I think it’s arguable as to whether this is a good or bad thing; I used to like the defenders running out at me so I could exploit those gaps.

As with the PSP version, JP challenge mode has highlights from the Samurai Blue and players’ faces. This is a really nice touch and enhances the experience. Definitely the best feature of the game.

I can’t say I’ve noticed a great deal of difference with the referees, keepers and animations. The keepers seem to push the ball to the side more, but apart from that, I haven’t noticed any other change.

I don’t have the capability to provide a video, so here’s a pic of the packaging: http://twitpic.com/1r8ipt As with the PSP pic yesterday, you will have to put up with my mug next to it.

To buy, or not to buy?

If you’re thinking this is redemption for WE10, you’re mistaken; the improvements are subtle and haven’t had that much of an impact on the game and the problems from WE10 still remain. If your rationale for buying this game is an improved WE10, my advice would be to save your money.

If you were content with WE10, an avid fan of the WE series / Samurai Blue and are looking for something extra, then my advice would be to buy this. The JP challenge mode brings you closer to the Samurai Blue and enhances the experience.

PSP or PS3?

Without any question, definitely the PSP. Even though the gameplay in the PSP version hasn’t been touched, the new features; the commentary, highlights & players’ faces in JP challenge mode, the new kits, background and even the G.O.A.L popping up in the challenge mode make a HUGE difference to the experience. I really appreciate the new features on the PSP and they are a lot more noticeable than the PS3 version, so I’m willing to turn a blind eye to Konami not tweaking the PSP’s gameplay.

thank you
geohds

Postby BitPartPlayer » Wed May 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Finally got my copy for the ps3 this morning and after 15 exhibiton matches on superstar difficulty these are my initial impressions.

Firstly let me just state im a pes diehard but button lag and awful response times,aswell as sticky player physics killed pes2010 for me but im more then happy to report these factors have been completely corrected and WE akoi de chousen is as responsive as any version of pes on the ps2.

AI has also been massively tweaked with players not freezing and now reacting to the balls played into space effortlessly as well as moving quickly to misplaced passes or deflections.Whats also worth a note is teams now counter attack much better with
forwards making movements off the shoulders of defenders and providing much more support and improved movement in and around the box as well as tracking space.Plus the dreaded 4 man zone pressing has gone with defenders acting far more intelligently.

Ball physics have also been tweaked with more zipp and power in passes and as the button lag has been corrected passes and shots tend to always go in the required direction of my thumbstick commands,headers also dont cannonball from crosses and are now much more realistic.Shooting is also more refined and much improved with much more subtle differences in the power ratios.

The game is also much quicker overall and you get that real pang of excitement in your stomach much like the days of the ps2.

Animation is still the same but smoothed out with no noticable clipping in the animation cycles with the horrible laggy delayed turns from pes2010 now being much smoother and quicker,collision detection is slightly improved but not massively but it does make a difference.Its also easier to retain ball possession and you have a much improved midfield so dont feel so forced out on the wings through fear of losing the ball and feel much more in control of the game while dribbling as you can skin defenders with touch as there are no response issues or delays when you turn.

So all in all a much improved game that has certainly restored my faith in pes productions,its just a shame pes2010 wasnt this finished or complete because you can really see which direction konami are taking the series with this game.

On a side note refs and goalkeepers are also much improved,i havent had a penaltie yet but havent been brought down in the box,although i have had numerous freekicks in 15 games so the refs arent blind anymore.

Its a expensive import for what pes2010 should have been,but if your rich or just cant stomach fifa but enjoyed pes2010 despite its technical shortcoming and niggles this version is infinitly more playable.
BitPartPlayer

Postby Adam » Wed May 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Why is everyone getting this bad boy before me :cry:

But another review with proves its not the same game as WE 2010, and an improvement. Hope my copy gets here soon!
Adam
Board Member
Board Member

PSN: ADU-SAN

Postby TheBroad » Wed May 26, 2010 8:45 pm

Armando Dona wrote:http://twitpic.com/1r8ipt

That's One Awesome Looking Disk :D

Nice, Thanks For This Roi :)
TheBroad
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Postby hideiker » Wed May 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Advance review after 3 matches against cpu and human player :) (My brother)

Yes is we/pes2010 but i´m a bit surprised about the new tweaks!!
In my opinion, Most noticeable are Physics and goalkeepers.
Now goalkeepers are goalkeepers :) no more idiot rebounds to the area´s center!! :)

More later :)
My english is very poor and my review is bad, sorry

Regards
Administrador
winningelevenblog.es
hideiker
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Mac » Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 pm

:x We're actually good defensively!! 0-0 vs united, 0-0 vs liverpool, 0-0 vs chelsea!!! EAT THAT!!! :x :x :lol:
Mac
Manager
Manager

Gamertag: Rickers31093 (Not Active At Mo)
PSN: rickers31093

Postby Alan » Wed May 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Wii impressions on main page with a couple of short vids. Sorry for the shocking quality. My camera is not what it once was :(

Will try and upload some better footage using my mates Canon tape camera later.

Very impressed with the Wii version but still some little kinks and a huge one(keepers) to iron out.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | PSGB by buying from:
GAME | iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Alan
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Curdstar75
PSN: Curdstar75

Postby henrys hand » Wed May 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Why are there no gameplay-videos for the PS3-version yet? Quite a few people have the game and camera so please make and post gameplay-videos...
henrys hand
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby England » Wed May 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Alan wrote:Wii impressions on main page with a couple of short vids. Sorry for the shocking quality. My camera is not what it once was :(

Will try and upload some better footage using my mates Canon tape camera later.

Very impressed with the Wii version but still some little kinks and a huge one(keepers) to iron out.

Yea, nice write-up as usual Alan. The impressions and reviews that you and Adam provide on the WENB front page give an even higher level of gloss to an already shiny product.
England

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion