Sorry for the lack of activity since the report, very busy at work. I've created this thread for people to ask about certain things.
Should be back on in a few hours. We'll also answer some in tonights podcast - we have to re-record the PES segment due to recording problems.
- Board Member
- Posts: 10241
- Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:42 pm
- Location: Twitter: Adam_Bhatti
- PSN: ADU-SAN
Any 90 degree turnings?
How is the new penalty system?
Any new tricks in the game? and how they employed? through the d-pad?
Does dirt appear on the kit after the plays slide?
Does the set piece taker move when deciding where to hit the ball?
Do we see the corner taker for example run to corner flag and set ball down? or is there still a cutscene?
- Posts: 7268
- Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:24 am
- PSN: RaineyWins
It's been mentioned a hundred times that game was at 50% but what worries did the playtest leave to you?
For example from the PSM3:s/PESgaming's writing's I got a feeling that there are many things still unfixed that have bugged us for years
(like short goal kicks always going to the nearest player) - do you think these kind of minor things will be taken care of?
- Posts: 154
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:13 pm
- Location: Finland
- KMN Staff
- Posts: 8586
- Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:52 am
- Location: Ireland
- Gamertag: Vidic17
- PSN: Vidic17
- Twitter: @nani17t
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:59 pm
A lot of the time in 2009, the defender would slide in with the wrong leg, or do some weird 180 turn/dive with both feet and take the opponent down for no reason - have the occurances of these been removed or reduced? Similarly, do the refs actually allow you to tackle now or is it still frees and yellows for tackles that clearly got the ball?
Did you find the AI more responsive to the loose ball? I found in PES2009 they would ignore it in instances, for example, when you would tackle the ball away from the opponent - the ball would shoot towards one of your players but they simply wouldn't react to it and thus possession would again go to the opponent.
It has been mention the keepers handling is better, but that they still spilt the odd ball. Is it realistic in terms of when they do this or are there still too many instances of the keepers dropping easy enough shots.
When you had the ball out wide with one forward, did you find the AI acted correctly in positioning itself in the box, or did your team mates still come too short for the ball?
Did you notice if there was a penalty spot?
- Youth Team
- Posts: 261
- Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:29 am
- Gamertag: AfterhoursDoc
- PSN: Conovar
I just really want to know if... when you were playing... does it really bring to you the PES felling of the good old days?
I've got a little concern about the last line... "with FIFA in its sights".. what does it mean??]
- Youth Team
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:14 pm
- Location: Brazil
Is the referee improved or does he still give too many red cards. In 2009 he also gave often fouls when you clearly played the ball.
Are throw-ins improved? PESFan confirmed there's still an unvisable wall at throw-ins, but did konami maybe move it too 2m distance from the thrower? Do the receiving players finally move to catch up the ball?
How many defenders did you beat with Messi (just running past them)?
Are 180 and 90 degree turns slower? In 2009 you could easily beat defenders using these.
Do the defenders slide better (when pressing circle)? In 2009 they just crushed into the opponent and gave away easy freekicks and penalties due to them sliding with the wrong technique?
Do the players still shoot with their favourite foot all the time? In 2009 they often use the wrong foot when shooting, e.g. shoot with right when the opponent is at the right side as well...
Did they change at least the net animation? It streches way too much in PES 2009.
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:02 am
Leading on from that, are things like the 'Rocastle' (or Marseille turn ) peformed using R2 and the left stick/d-pad, or are they assigned to the right analogue.
- Posts: 70
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:24 pm
What about the keeper's animation ??? Is there any change ?? I really like to see them similar to PES6 because I think there was an involution in PES2008 and PES2009 from this point of view
From what I saw, there are still 8 directions moving. Do you confirm that ???
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:25 am
I'd wanna just to ask to you few things:
- Did you felt the old pes5/6 feeling?
- Manual GK mode is back?
- About shoots, they were changed, or the way is still like pes 08/09 robotic and bad or is back like pes5/6 (bandind shoots like DelPiero?)
Thanks in advance.
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:46 am
LESS IMPORTANT: Any clue on 3-way selecting kits making its return?
- Posts: 81
- Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Location: Silesia, Poland
- According to PESgaming the tricks are still on the left stick and they are pretty random (AI interference?). Can you confirm or deny this?
- What about manual goalkeeping, is it back?
- Did you encounter game episodes with a delayed foul? (a foul but the ball is preserved > game goes on > the ball is lost > the ref stops the game and gives a foul)
- What can you tell about the collision system? Is it still as primitive as usual?
- Does the ball noticeably curve rather than flying like a cannon ball through a straight line all the time?
- Have the sounds been improved (the sound of the ball during kicks, hitting the post, etc.). What about the sound in the menu (you know, the one when browsing through menu options; it is also present in the PC widget – this may be a small issue but it has been very irritating for me personally and they haven’t changed for years)?
Have a hell of a lot more, but I think these ones can be answered at this stage of development. Thanks in advance.
- Posts: 65
- Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 2:21 pm
- Location: Ukraine, Kiev
- Bench Warmer
- Posts: 791
- Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:05 am
- Location: Belgrade, Serbia
- Twitter: @maremas
did you notice any visible swerve or dip in the flight of the ball after shooting/crossing? shots in PES seem to be very linear and straight which is a little unrealistic given pes's superior ball physics engine
- Posts: 7
- Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:40 pm
- PSN: Monkey_Plunkett
3.Gloves licensed i know that but looks different?than gardening?
4.Animations keepers look good or very similar to Pes 2009?
New AMIGA One X1000. We come back Gates!
- Reserve Team
- Posts: 561
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:05 pm
- Location: WARSAW and Danzig Poland
- PSN: Lons_PL
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: pes4life and 10 guests