Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby roigafni » Mon May 24, 2010 7:51 pm

_anderson wrote:Very nice read. Do you happen to have an HD camera? I would like to see you playing it and giving examples of what changed and how it changed.


No mate I dont :-(. .. sorry.
To be honest, I wanted to buy one 2day so I could show you some stuff but I decided not to at the end as it was to expansive and I dont really need it at the moment.

Also, IMO you have to feel the game and play it. looking on vids won't show you nothing, basicly beacuse it's the same game
Please LIKE our WENB Facebook Page!
User avatar
roigafni
KMN Staff
KMN Staff
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:31 pm
PSN: Roi_Gafni
Twitter: @roi_gafni

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby _anderson » Mon May 24, 2010 7:55 pm

Oh ok cheers.

Apparently the PSP version finally has full commentary... Why did I had to lose my PSP :(
_anderson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7011
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby 01srainey » Mon May 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Cheers Roi.
01srainey
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7270
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:24 am
PSN: RaineyWins

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby sergiomp12 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:49 pm

roigafni wrote:
_anderson wrote:Very nice read. Do you happen to have an HD camera? I would like to see you playing it and giving examples of what changed and how it changed.


No mate I dont :-(. .. sorry.
To be honest, I wanted to buy one 2day so I could show you some stuff but I decided not to at the end as it was to expansive and I dont really need it at the moment.

Also, IMO you have to feel the game and play it. looking on vids won't show you nothing, basicly beacuse it's the same game


Man there its not posible to put the name in english?
sergiomp12
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm
Location: Lima, Perú
PSN: sergiomp_usa

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby Alan » Mon May 24, 2010 8:51 pm

Wii version impressions!

Total bonus this. My mate got his copy of the game today and is off away on holiday so I have it for the week at least. Played about 4hrs worth of games since this morning and this is my take on it. Going to break the game down as best possible so as most points are covered. Will cover one or two things per post.

So firstly, and this is HUGE!...

Player Control - 360 movement/dribbling arrives on the Wii version.... and ........It is bloody marvellous!

Honestly, what a pleasant little surprise this was. I had read on the Wii versions portal site something about 360 movement/dribbling but I honestly thought it might have been a quirk of the translation. A couple of days ago someone who had played the Wii version confirmed that it was certainly in the Wii game and that they rated it highly but I simply had to see/feel for myself and it is a confirmed triumph folks.

Think of classic PS2 gameplay with the addition of this feature. It changes very subtly how the game plays, particularly in midfield and on the flanks. Suddenly your player has the ability to move into little spaces that weren't available to the player before. Defensive control is also feels vastly improved due to the 360 movement but also a tweaking to the semi-assisted controls, and second player press has aided in this too. This change in direction(literally) for the Wii version has also seen some new wee animations feature like first touches, some different standing tackle animations, and the physical element of the game is well visualised as well.

I am not kidding when I say the following - The Wii's 360 movement easily trumps the next-gen versions of PES2010 and IMO FIFA/WC2010!!

It actually adds to player individuality as when you have a great dribbler on the ball he, and thus you, feel more threatening and likewise when you are facing such a player who is COM controlled. As already stated it is subtle at first but once you realise it is present and works very well indeed it opens up many a new possibility.

Passing/Shooting/Ball Physics/Gameflow - Passing is left largely untouched regards speed which isn't a bad thing as the Wii version of WE2010 had a solid passing game and flow in place.

What has been pleasingly tweaked though is the the sense of freedom in your passing game and I can only think it is the 360movement that assists in giving this impression. Lob passes have been greatly enhanced and now travel with a lower trajectory and are faster but feel more accurate. I have had played some lovely lob passes that I honestly don't think would have come off in previous versions of the game either on the PS2, Wii or even next-gen versions.

Ball physics have been improved so as a result control feels satisfying when bringing down a lob pass or first time passing a bouncing ball. Earlier when playing as Japan I played a pass to Nakamura whose first touch seen the ball flick up in the air slightly. quickly pressing the standard pass button and pushing the stick in the opposite direction to which he was facing saw him play the pass to his team mate behind him by simply knocking it over his own head and that of his marker. Beautiful and another example of the games natural flair in context sensitive situations. The ball really is doing the work here and it feels excellent. Shots now have a capacity to wickedly dip if caught correctly and seem to have a more realistic look in flight too. Crossing feels pretty similar but I have not brought my 'A' game in this department as yet. More practice needed.

Goalkeepers - Hmmmm....not convinced. Still very erratic and often go from the sublime to the ridiculous. This normally could and often would break a game for me. Thanks to what appears to be better control over the defensive side of the game however, so long as you are not having him have to face countless crosses and allowing your opponent clean strikes on goal they just about hold it together. Still perhaps too many spills but I have noticed a wee bit more in the way of them palming efforts out of play for corners. If Greyhound and his team get this right for PES2011 the game will be something even more special.

Finally, a quick word on the visuals. They have been sharpened up further from WE2010 and there seems to be a touch more detail in player models/kits. The 480p upscaling has never looked better and a big pplus also is that from the farthest wide-cam view the ball is clearly visible which it wasn't sometimes in previous versions. The crowd have been improved greatly with the low,low res pattern which almost looked like a group of humans but not quite which made up the crowd before being replaced with visible individuals with a smattering of basic detail. Still cardboard cut outs though and not animated but hopefully this will be the case come PES2011. Stadiums too also look to carry more detail and look very solid. I have noticed that there seems to be a layering effect of ad boards,fences and crowd which give the stadiums more a sense of depth about them. Pitch texture and lighting seems better too. Finally, when a player goes off injured for treatment he is visible sitting on the sidelines before re-joining play. Nice.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | PSGB by buying from:
GAME | iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
User avatar
Alan
KMN Staff
KMN Staff
 
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:36 pm
Location: Cumbernauld
Gamertag: Curdstar75
PSN: Curdstar75

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby _anderson » Mon May 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Nice read. I actually saw a video of the WII version of the WE2010 ASNC on youtube, and I couldn't quite see the 360 movement. Maybe I missed it.
_anderson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7011
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby hideiker » Mon May 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi Alan!

;)

I think the same about goalkeepers but the game is sublime, ps2 based game with superbs aditions!

Regards from SPAIN!
Administrador
winningelevenblog.es
User avatar
hideiker
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby Alan » Mon May 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Alright mate.

You called it perfectly when you said it was the classic PS2 game with a twist.

Yes, all the little additions and improvements are excellent. Fix those keepers and we have quite possibly the ultimate footy game!

Is it just me or do the player running animations when they don't have the ball appear greatly improved? They look like athletes running now.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | PSGB by buying from:
GAME | iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
User avatar
Alan
KMN Staff
KMN Staff
 
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:36 pm
Location: Cumbernauld
Gamertag: Curdstar75
PSN: Curdstar75

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby England » Mon May 24, 2010 9:07 pm

roigafni wrote:Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen Impressions.
Well, to start and to give you the desire to read what my impressions are, I would like to say that Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (hereafter: "ASNC") is a good game. It's A tweaked version of WE/PES 2010 with not too much improvements but the important ones are there*.
First and the most important thing that I looked for is the "player control". While in PES/WE it was buggy, in ASNC it's improved and a lot. First and unlike before, as soon as you receive the ball you can immediately change direction of your player movement, though bear in mind that it's not 100% (I guess it's related to player skills). Secondly, and as Joolz40559 pointed, the player movement seems less stiff and much better. The rigid is still there but it's refined so you won't notice it as much as before.
As to the response: I love it. It's so much better than before. With the game is less stiff you guys will really enjoy from this improvement. Player react much faster now to every single occasion and it does add a lot to the experience.
The Pace: it's still fast especially when playing against the A.I though there is some improvement in that area. But, while playing against a friend or in online mode (which works great by the way!!!) The pace is slower and very enjoyable.
As for the Animations: it's true. The animations are smoother and less broken. But there aren't any new animations. At least to what I saw.
Ball physics: huge improvement. In addition to what Joolz40559 wrote, I would like to add that the shooting and the passing power response more accurate to how much you press the square button or the x button on the PS3 controller. Also, Lobs and shooting seems to be better and the ball indeed feels and bounces more lifelike. not perfect though.
A.I- huge improvement. First, The A.I attack more and not just passing the time by passing the ball to each A.I teammate (I played on top player). Second, when you in possession you have more space to move with the ball as the A.I defense not closing you down like crazy bastards as before. Though, when I played with Arsenal against Barcelona the A.I puts a lot of pressure in the middle of the field in order to gain control of the ball. One thing that I really liked is to see my A.I teammates running to open space when I'm in possession with the ball. It's not happen too much but it's there.
About the referee: what do you know? At my first game I received a penalty. Can you believe it? I can't remember when was the last time I had one. The referee is stricter now and delivers more yellow cards as before though sometimes it's really annoying when he ignore fouls committed against you.
The G.K: Same old story. I couldn't notice any improvement in that area though I might be wrong here.
English: sorry guys. It's not impossible to change the language to English at all. Only the main menu is in English. But, you can change all player names to English and it's easy to know who is who by the name that appear on the back of the shirt. Also you can change the name of the unlicensed teams (only) to English. (Arsenal, Chelsea and etc.).
Edit mode: There is no change

To conclusion: ASNC is better game than PES/WE 2010. Don’t expect to 9/10 because it's not as it's the same game. It's just more tweaked and polished game as we all thought it will be.
In my opinion if PES/WE 2010 was a 7-7.5/10, then ASNC is definitely deserves to receive 8/10. The thing is that ASBC is too much expansive compared to what the game delivers. But if PES is in your blood don’t let the money issue to stop you.

One more thing I would like to add.
I'll be working on an OF to change whatever is possible to English.

*based on almost four hours of playing


Very nice read. Sounds positive. Thanks for posting.
England
 

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby hideiker » Mon May 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Yes, for me too.
Off the ball movements are a improved too.
Wii version is tactically better than ps2 game. Playmaker style has very effort on tactics.

Alan, have you Wi-Fi on Wii?

Online game... :)
Administrador
winningelevenblog.es
User avatar
hideiker
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 685
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:32 am

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby Alan » Mon May 24, 2010 9:15 pm

hideiker wrote:Yes, for me too.
Off the ball movements are a improved too.
Wii version is tactically better than ps2 game. Playmaker style has very effort on tactics.

Alan, have you Wi-Fi on Wii?

Online game... :)


Can't get on just now mate as my girlfriend has the TV on just now but send me your code and I will try to get on at some point. We could then look to get some online impressions posted.

Oh, and gameplay vids on the way later I hope folks. 360movement/dribbling might not jump out of the screen at you but I will try to capture a situation where I can show it off as best possible.

Wii version still has the best penalties too!

The game is challenging but I perhaps would like to see the AI really turn it up a notch on Top Player as well as some expansive keeper improvements.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | PSGB by buying from:
GAME | iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
User avatar
Alan
KMN Staff
KMN Staff
 
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:36 pm
Location: Cumbernauld
Gamertag: Curdstar75
PSN: Curdstar75

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby _anderson » Mon May 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Alan wrote:
hideiker wrote:Yes, for me too.
Off the ball movements are a improved too.
Wii version is tactically better than ps2 game. Playmaker style has very effort on tactics.

Alan, have you Wi-Fi on Wii?

Online game... :)


Can't get on just now mate as my girlfriend has the TV on just now but send me your code and I will try to get on at some point. We could then look to get some online impressions posted.

Oh, and gameplay vids on the way later I hope folks. 360movement/dribbling might not jump out of the screen at you but I will try to capture a situation where I can show it off as best possible.

Wii version still has the best penalties too!

The game is challenging but I perhaps would like to see the AI really turn it up a notch on Top Player as well as some expansive keeper improvements.


Nice to hear. I was able to spot it still on these vids.


Would be better if the guy used the classic controller instead.
_anderson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7011
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby limeydrums » Mon May 24, 2010 9:50 pm

Wii versions sounds fantastic. Im still playing 2009 & 2010 versions . Would love to get it, but not compatible with US consoles right?
limeydrums
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby _anderson » Mon May 24, 2010 10:39 pm

limeydrums wrote:Wii versions sounds fantastic. Im still playing 2009 & 2010 versions . Would love to get it, but not compatible with US consoles right?


Heard the Wii is very picky about those, yeah.
_anderson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7011
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby Joolz40559 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:53 am

sergiomp12 wrote:
Joolz40559 wrote:
Options Disable BBCode
Disable smilies
Do not automatically parse URLs
Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)


Everything in Japanese? did you try to go to settings menu and change the language to English? i do that in the past WE 2010...


No English to be seen here mate. This game is for Japan only for the Japanese so they did not translate it. The only reason Winning Eleven comes out in English is because PES 2010 is released first.
User avatar
Joolz40559
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:56 am
Location: Oxford
PSN: Joolz40559

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby y2kshin » Tue May 25, 2010 2:46 am

@roigafni n all,, could you tell me where did u order it from?,, i want to order from play asia but i see the shipment status is still 1 week process,,how about using fedex, do you still get tax from our country?..thanks everebody...
have your Say:
Pes2013 must have feature: "CONTINUOUS PLAY (quick throw-in, turn on/off replay.etc)"
please vote here:
https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.ph ... replay.etc)
and here:
https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.ph ... -Throw-Ins
y2kshin
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 am

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby sarpbey » Tue May 25, 2010 7:15 am

roigafni wrote:Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen Impressions.
Well, to start and to give you the desire to read what my impressions are, I would like to say that Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (hereafter: "ASNC") is a good game. It's A tweaked version of WE/PES 2010 with not too much improvements but the important ones are there*.
First and the most important thing that I looked for is the "player control". While in PES/WE it was buggy, in ASNC it's improved and a lot. First and unlike before, as soon as you receive the ball you can immediately change direction of your player movement, though bear in mind that it's not 100% (I guess it's related to player skills). Secondly, and as Joolz40559 pointed, the player movement seems less stiff and much better. The rigid is still there but it's refined so you won't notice it as much as before.
As to the response: I love it. It's so much better than before. With the game is less stiff you guys will really enjoy from this improvement. Player react much faster now to every single occasion and it does add a lot to the experience.
The Pace: it's still fast especially when playing against the A.I though there is some improvement in that area. But, while playing against a friend or in online mode (which works great by the way!!!) The pace is slower and very enjoyable.
As for the Animations: it's true. The animations are smoother and less broken. But there aren't any new animations. At least to what I saw.
Ball physics: huge improvement. In addition to what Joolz40559 wrote, I would like to add that the shooting and the passing power response more accurate to how much you press the square button or the x button on the PS3 controller. Also, Lobs and shooting seems to be better and the ball indeed feels and bounces more lifelike. not perfect though.
A.I- huge improvement. First, The A.I attack more and not just passing the time by passing the ball to each A.I teammate (I played on top player). Second, when you in possession you have more space to move with the ball as the A.I defense not closing you down like crazy bastards as before. Though, when I played with Arsenal against Barcelona the A.I puts a lot of pressure in the middle of the field in order to gain control of the ball. One thing that I really liked is to see my A.I teammates running to open space when I'm in possession with the ball. It's not happen too much but it's there.
About the referee: what do you know? At my first game I received a penalty. Can you believe it? I can't remember when was the last time I had one. The referee is stricter now and delivers more yellow cards as before though sometimes it's really annoying when he ignore fouls committed against you.
The G.K: Same old story. I couldn't notice any improvement in that area though I might be wrong here.
English: sorry guys. It's not impossible to change the language to English at all. Only the main menu is in English. But, you can change all player names to English and it's easy to know who is who by the name that appear on the back of the shirt. Also you can change the name of the unlicensed teams (only) to English. (Arsenal, Chelsea and etc.).
Edit mode: There is no change

To conclusion: ASNC is better game than PES/WE 2010. Don’t expect to 9/10 because it's not as it's the same game. It's just more tweaked and polished game as we all thought it will be.
In my opinion if PES/WE 2010 was a 7-7.5/10, then ASNC is definitely deserves to receive 8/10. The thing is that ASNC is too much expansive compared to what the game delivers. But if PES is in your blood don’t let the money issue to stop you.

One more thing I would like to add.
I'll be working on an OF to change whatever is possible to English.

*based on almost four hours of playing


Great work mate.. Enjoyed reading it..
[size=50]As a veteran PES player (1997-2010); I've tried Fifa Full Manual via Fifa 11 this year.. And this is the best Football sim I've ever played... Lets see what EA & Konami has in their hands to show for 2012[/size]
User avatar
sarpbey
Mascot
Mascot
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:49 am
Location: Istanbul
PSN: sarpbey

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby roigafni » Tue May 25, 2010 7:23 am

y2kshin wrote:@roigafni n all,, could you tell me where did u order it from?,, i want to order from play asia but i see the shipment status is still 1 week process,,how about using fedex, do you still get tax from our country?..thanks everebody...



I order the game from Play-Asia. I orderd two copies (for me and for a friend). the one I had is the one I ordered using Fedex. the second copy already shipped at May 20, But I'll probably have it in 7-14 days.
Please LIKE our WENB Facebook Page!
User avatar
roigafni
KMN Staff
KMN Staff
 
Posts: 739
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:31 pm
PSN: Roi_Gafni
Twitter: @roi_gafni

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby BlueChampion » Tue May 25, 2010 7:34 am

My order had been shipped by Play-Asia. I'm getting it via UPS. I should get it this evening or tomorrow. I can't wait.
BlueChampion
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby y2kshin » Tue May 25, 2010 10:21 am

^^ thanks for the reply,, i am gonna order it today..
For me, we 2010 is the best football game in next gen, i will go crazy if play we2010 samurai with fix in referee n little tweak. It probably the best of the best football game in the world..
Thanks all...
have your Say:
Pes2013 must have feature: "CONTINUOUS PLAY (quick throw-in, turn on/off replay.etc)"
please vote here:
https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.ph ... replay.etc)
and here:
https://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.ph ... -Throw-Ins
y2kshin
Ballboy
Ballboy
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 am

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Ebusje, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 12 guests