Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (20 May)

Postby sarpbey » Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 am

Joolz40559 wrote:
BlueChampion wrote:
Joolz40559 wrote:Impressions of playFor those wondering before I get into the nitty gritty language is Japanese only even when the PS3 is set to English.

1. Yes everything is in Japanese this is hard if you can`t read it to make out who is who ,but you can tell by stats who the best players are, and player shirt numbers in the game plan menu if you can`t read the Katakana. I used to play Winning Eleven with no Japanese knowledge you`ll be fine. Plus you can use visual memory of PES 2010 as the menus are the same..

That sux.. Is it that hard for Konami to give a choise of English? Don't they think of their hardcore gamers throughout the world? I'm waiting a DLC for PES2010 tomorrow.. I hope there will be a big patch which converts the gameplay to the mechanics of WE-AKoi Samurai..
[size=50]As a veteran PES player (1997-2010); I've tried Fifa Full Manual via Fifa 11 this year.. And this is the best Football sim I've ever played... Lets see what EA & Konami has in their hands to show for 2012[/size]
sarpbey
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: sarpbey

Postby Joolz40559 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:01 am

Alan wrote:Brilliant stuff Joolz. So glad to hear further positive views on this game and it is quite heartening to hear the keepers seem to have been improved :D

I predict a big week for Blue Samurai related content. Some of the admin should be getting the game this week(me included hopefully!) and with others already playing it is my hope that all feedback will be positive and consistent.

oh yeah, and Joolz.....Keep those views of yours coming. Even post a vid or two if that is at all positive but I appreciate you will want more game time under your belt first!

No probs, to be honest I don`t know if any video will show you anything more than the long video the Japanese gentleman put up against Bahrain, and the YouTube video of the online match somebody posted of Roma I think it was. It`s all about the playing of it where you will notice the slight differences. The Wii vers sounds good too from what I heard from people on here, will keep the posts coming.

The photos of players in Japan Challenge is a really nice touch would be good if they could put this in PES 2011/PES2012 but I guess it would take a long time to implement for all players (I have put in the feedback). Don`t get too over hyped though as these are just my opinions and peoples may differ, but I definitely notice the tweaks. Movement is very noticeable when I turned 360 degrees with the ball it was not so jerky, response seems a bit more on the money too. It`s a lot like the Winning Eleven: Final Evolution versions they used to release.

Not sure how well this has sold here in Japan?
Joolz40559
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PSN: Joolz40559

Postby sarpbey » Mon May 24, 2010 8:26 am

Joolz40559 wrote:
Alan wrote:Brilliant stuff Joolz. So glad to hear further positive views on this game and it is quite heartening to hear the keepers seem to have been improved :D

I predict a big week for Blue Samurai related content. Some of the admin should be getting the game this week(me included hopefully!) and with others already playing it is my hope that all feedback will be positive and consistent.

oh yeah, and Joolz.....Keep those views of yours coming. Even post a vid or two if that is at all positive but I appreciate you will want more game time under your belt first!

No probs, to be honest I don`t know if any video will show you anything more than the long video the Japanese gentleman put up against Bahrain, and the YouTube video of the online match somebody posted of Roma I think it was. It`s all about the playing of it where you will notice the slight differences. The Wii vers sounds good too from what I heard from people on here, will keep the posts coming.

The photos of players in Japan Challenge is a really nice touch would be good if they could put this in PES 2011/PES2012 but I guess it would take a long time to implement for all players (I have put in the feedback). Don`t get too over hyped though as these are just my opinions and peoples may differ, but I definitely notice the tweaks. Movement is very noticeable when I turned 360 degrees with the ball it was not so jerky, response seems a bit more on the money too. It`s a lot like the Winning Eleven: Final Evolution versions they used to release.

Joolz let us know you gain any penalties on a match.. It was VERY VERY rare in PES2010
[size=50]As a veteran PES player (1997-2010); I've tried Fifa Full Manual via Fifa 11 this year.. And this is the best Football sim I've ever played... Lets see what EA & Konami has in their hands to show for 2012[/size]
sarpbey
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: sarpbey

Postby England » Mon May 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Joolz40559 wrote:Impressions of play

The opening is very Japan National team focused and quite nice. Shows highlights from some games. This is a much tweaked version of Winning Eleven 2010/PES 2010/Winning Eleven 2010 Arcade Championship (WE 2010: ACC). For those wondering before I get into the nitty gritty language is Japanese only even when the PS3 is set to English. Japan Challenge mode is the only extra addition to the game modes. This is good and fun to see the Japanese face when doing formations and different visuals.

O.k so after a couple of games there is a noticeable difference in Aoki Samurai compared to Winning Eleven 2010: Arcade Championship and PES 2010. The movement seems to be freer with regards to controlling and moving players, not as rigid and more responsive in my opinion. Slide tackling seems better and slides appear to go further. Tackling is more precise I feel. The pace of the game has been greatly improved also.

Aoki Samurai also allows you to move your player before the ball gets to you which was difficult in PES 2010 and WE 2010: ACC. The players feels slightly less on rails too. The animations are more in sync than previous vers like WE:ACC and PES 2010. Shooting is also much more satisfying, and feels more direct, powerful and it possibly accurate.

Ball connection with players is much better and the ball physics in general have been tweaked with the ball feeling more lifelike. Plus bouncing around in a more realistic manner.

Referees make better decisions in general and penalise you less as the player, and the free kicks seem to be better and easier to score. The game allows more movement of the ball in my opinion.

Playing on Superstar difficulty is much harder than top player it is more apparent that the A.I is much better and don`t all scramble for the ball all in a bunch. The A.I players seem more concise and seem to hold positions better. This also can be seen when the A.I grabs yr own players for short periods of time. In one of my games the A.I took the ball to the corner flag I don`t personally remember the A.I doing this before on PES 2010.

In conclusion in all it feels much better than I expected and like you have more control over your team and the players in it. Movement feels less restrictive shooting is better and the all round general feeling is helped by the tweaks made. As someone has mentioned previously it`s a shame this was`nt WE 2010/PES 2010 in the first place.

Roll on June 1st for PES 2011 info

Thanks for that. Sounds very positive.
England

Postby Dave » Mon May 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Indeed it does, I could see some of them things just by watching that Japanese Video of the game that was released. If I could get past the Japanese Menu's and navigate through it all I would be tempted to import my 1st Winning Eleven game since Winning Eleven 10 on the PS2 :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveDoc1984 Check out my gaming related YouTube channel. Retro and modern day gaming and light hearted reviews!
Dave
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Plan DJD
PSN: TheDJDaveDoc

Postby roigafni » Mon May 24, 2010 2:15 pm

I got the game but as I'm at work now I'll only be able to try it in a few hours.
Must say that Joolz40559 impressions sounds promising.
I'll hope I would be able to deliver you more of positive impressions soon.
Please LIKE our WENB Facebook Page!
roigafni
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

PSN: Roi_Gafni
Twitter: @roibeng

Postby England » Mon May 24, 2010 2:17 pm

roigafni wrote:I got the game but as I'm at work now I'll only be able to try it in a few hours.
Must say that Joolz40559 impressions sounds promising.
I'll hope I would be able to deliver you more of positive impressions soon.

8-)
England

Postby Armando Dona » Mon May 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Joolz40559 wrote:

Thanks for posting your comments on the game, Joolz. I'm sure I speak for many when I say this has helped in deciding whether or not to purchase this game.

As you're already in JP, you probably didn't pay any more than what you would have paid for WE2010, right? Reason I ask is that, from what I hear, this new game is quite a bit more expensive than what WE 2010 was in HK.

I was very busy today and didn't get the chance to see if the game has reached Sham Shui Po yet. Time permitting, I'll check again tomorrow. And providing I don't get quoted a stupid figure, I will post pics and a short review on here.
Armando Dona

Postby Johnson » Mon May 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Joolz40559 wrote: Playing on Superstar difficulty is much harder than top player it is more apparent that the A.I is much better and don`t all scramble for the ball all in a bunch. The A.I players seem more concise and seem to hold positions better. This also can be seen when the A.I grabs yr own players for short periods of time. In one of my games the A.I took the ball to the corner flag I don`t personally remember the A.I doing this before on PES 2010.

Thanks Joolz, nice piece there on first impressions of Blue Samurai.
Just a point that's a little off topic for this thread. The Super Star level really is a different ball game to Top Player, imo. I have WE 2010, which has this level also. For the people that haven't played WE 2010 or indeed Blue Samurai, the Super Star level is much better than Top Player. I've seen the A.I take the ball to the corner flag as well Joolz! Generally the A.I is much smarter, and players pull off tricks and skills I rarely saw happening on Top Player in PES. One of the first matches I played on Super Star in WE 2010 was a friendly against Argentina, Messi tore me to shreds with trickery! It was great to finally play good AI in PES/WE 2010, losing never felt so good! Super Star level makes the game much more enjoyable, I'm a bit mystified as to why it wasn't included in PES 2010
Let another player be able to choose to play as the CPU team in offline multiplayer tournaments! Bring this option back!
EDIT. Fixed in PES 2012. YUSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Johnson
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Joolz40559 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Armando Dona wrote:
Joolz40559 wrote:

Thanks for posting your comments on the game, Joolz. I'm sure I speak for many when I say this has helped in deciding whether or not to purchase this game.

As you're already in JP, you probably didn't pay any more than what you would have paid for WE2010, right? Reason I ask is that, from what I hear, this new game is quite a bit more expensive than what WE 2010 was in HK.

I was very busy today and didn't get the chance to see if the game has reached Sham Shui Po yet. Time permitting, I'll check again tomorrow. And providing I don't get quoted a stupid figure, I will post pics and a short review on here.

Winning Eleven 2010 cost 7,000 Yen. Actually for the first time ever I bought PES 2010 this year and not Winning Eleven 2010 only because of the amazing option files people like Srainey etc do. At first I thought Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai was full price, but in reality it actually isn`t. Full price games here in Japan cost 7,000 Yen roughly. Winning Eleven 2010: Aoki Samurai costs 6,000 Yen, so a bit cheaper (same as SSFIV). It cost me 5,000 Yen because I used my Yodobashi points though :D .

Look fwd to yr impressions Roigafni.

Johnson I think the Japanese did not think European people wanted so much of a challenge I guess.
Joolz40559
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PSN: Joolz40559

Postby Gari14 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:11 pm

Finally yesasia have shipped my copy. That was like waiting for Christmas. As I went for express shipping, im hoping that it will be here by the end of the week.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | NGB by buying from:
Help us by buying your games at hmv.com| iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Gari14
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Gari14
PSN: Gari14

Postby Dave » Mon May 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Gari14 wrote:Finally yesasia have shipped my copy. That was like waiting for Christmas. As I went for express shipping, im hoping that it will be here by the end of the week.

Gari, Do you have the capabilities to produce us some kind of video review? Id love to see/hear what you think of the game man.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DaveDoc1984 Check out my gaming related YouTube channel. Retro and modern day gaming and light hearted reviews!
Dave
First Team
First Team

Gamertag: Plan DJD
PSN: TheDJDaveDoc

Postby Gari14 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Dave wrote:
Gari14 wrote:Finally yesasia have shipped my copy. That was like waiting for Christmas. As I went for express shipping, im hoping that it will be here by the end of the week.

Gari, Do you have the capabilities to produce us some kind of video review? Id love to see/hear what you think of the game man.

Ive got a HD PVR which ill be recording footage of the game and ill probably end up doing some sort of mini review and posting it in here as ive not got all the tools to do a video review im afraid.
Help support Kitana | WENB | FSB | NGB by buying from:
Help us by buying your games at hmv.com| iTunes | JD Sports | Creative Labs | Nike | hmv
Gari14
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

Gamertag: Gari14
PSN: Gari14

Postby Jonkirlo » Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Gari14 wrote:
Ive got a HD PVR which ill be recording footage of the game and ill probably end up doing some sort of mini review and posting it in here as ive not got all the tools to do a video review im afraid.

That would be spot on Gari, and much appreciated :)
Inspire belief.
Jonkirlo
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: freeflow
Twitter: jonkirlo

Postby sergiomp12 » Mon May 24, 2010 3:30 pm

Joolz40559 wrote:
Options Disable BBCode
Disable smilies
Do not automatically parse URLs
Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)

Everything in Japanese? did you try to go to settings menu and change the language to English? i do that in the past WE 2010...
sergiomp12
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: sergiomp_usa

Postby saintric » Mon May 24, 2010 6:14 pm

just played a few games on the PS2 version if anyones interested.Gameplay wise nothing at all seems different played on superstar level but didnt feel much harder to me if anything maybe the computer keeps possesion better but thats me clutching at straws for any minor difference's

the kits are not all updated but are clearly better quality than PES 2010 (although of course the pes 2010 kits are very good also) Algeria New Zealand Slovenia are in and playable but same stadiums same editing options same hairstyles, diff music though some pretty good songs i think and well thats it really ..the japan mode instead of BAL we all know about already but i am slightly dissapointed was hoping for the usual gameplay tweak but unless im very mistaken its just PES 2010 gameplay
saintric
Mascot
Mascot

Postby roigafni » Mon May 24, 2010 7:37 pm

Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen Impressions.
Well, to start and to give you the desire to read what my impressions are, I would like to say that Winning Eleven 2010 Aoki Samurai no Chousen (hereafter: "ASNC") is a good game. It's A tweaked version of WE/PES 2010 with not too much improvements but the important ones are there*.
First and the most important thing that I looked for is the "player control". While in PES/WE it was buggy, in ASNC it's improved and a lot. First and unlike before, as soon as you receive the ball you can immediately change direction of your player movement, though bear in mind that it's not 100% (I guess it's related to player skills). Secondly, and as Joolz40559 pointed, the player movement seems less stiff and much better. The rigid is still there but it's refined so you won't notice it as much as before.
As to the response: I love it. It's so much better than before. With the game is less stiff you guys will really enjoy from this improvement. Player react much faster now to every single occasion and it does add a lot to the experience.
The Pace: it's still fast especially when playing against the A.I though there is some improvement in that area. But, while playing against a friend or in online mode (which works great by the way!!!) The pace is slower and very enjoyable.
As for the Animations: it's true. The animations are smoother and less broken. But there aren't any new animations. At least to what I saw.
Ball physics: huge improvement. In addition to what Joolz40559 wrote, I would like to add that the shooting and the passing power response more accurate to how much you press the square button or the x button on the PS3 controller. Also, Lobs and shooting seems to be better and the ball indeed feels and bounces more lifelike. not perfect though.
A.I- huge improvement. First, The A.I attack more and not just passing the time by passing the ball to each A.I teammate (I played on top player). Second, when you in possession you have more space to move with the ball as the A.I defense not closing you down like crazy bastards as before. Though, when I played with Arsenal against Barcelona the A.I puts a lot of pressure in the middle of the field in order to gain control of the ball. One thing that I really liked is to see my A.I teammates running to open space when I'm in possession with the ball. It's not happen too much but it's there.
About the referee: what do you know? At my first game I received a penalty. Can you believe it? I can't remember when was the last time I had one. The referee is stricter now and delivers more yellow cards as before though sometimes it's really annoying when he ignore fouls committed against you.
The G.K: Same old story. I couldn't notice any improvement in that area though I might be wrong here.
English: sorry guys. It's impossible to change the language to English at all. Only the main menu is in English. But, you can change all player names to English and it's easy to know who is who by the name that appear on the back of the shirt. Also you can change the name of the unlicensed teams (only) to English. (Arsenal, Chelsea and etc.).
Edit mode: There is no change

To conclusion: ASNC is better game than PES/WE 2010. Don’t expect to 9/10 because it's not as it's the same game. It's just more tweaked and polished game as we all thought it will be.
In my opinion if PES/WE 2010 was a 7-7.5/10, then ASNC is definitely deserves to receive 8/10. The thing is that ASNC is too much expansive compared to what the game delivers. But if PES is in your blood don’t let the money issue to stop you.

One more thing I would like to add.
I'll be working on an OF to change whatever is possible to English.

*based on almost four hours of playing
Please LIKE our WENB Facebook Page!
roigafni
KMN Staff
KMN Staff

PSN: Roi_Gafni
Twitter: @roibeng

Postby Ocelot » Mon May 24, 2010 7:42 pm

roigafni wrote: First and unlike before, as soon as you receive the ball you can immediately change direction of your player movement, though bear in mind that it's not 100% (I guess it's related to player skills).

I wouldnt be too pushed on getting this game, but if i ever wanted to hear anything from someones impressions it would be that part in bold, because that was probably the most annoying aspect of PES2010 for me.
I doubt this will be available to rent in any local games store, so i will have to get it from eBay? Or will the likes of Shopto or Play have it?

Thanks for the impressions Roigafni, well written and sounds very honest.
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you someone else is the greatest accomplishment.”
My Tribute to the Master!
Ocelot
Manager
Manager

PSN: MRigz

Postby _anderson » Mon May 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Very nice read. Do you happen to have an HD camera? I would like to see you playing it and giving examples of what changed and how it changed.
_anderson
Manager
Manager

Postby bigol » Mon May 24, 2010 7:49 pm

_anderson wrote:Very nice read. Do you happen to have an HD camera? I would like to see you playing it and giving examples of what changed and how it changed.

i was about to ask this same thing
telepathy :lol:
Newest Pes news website and forum for Italian people
http://www.peslab.it

Originally wrote by pando
Anyway, "haters" or the ones who love to point out the flaws and say "it's not good this way, would'nt it be better to do it like this?" are the ones who keep the community alive and show still faith in PES, still talking about how to improve it. Not just to bash it. Blind love or faith for the game will not bring it back to its old glory. Positive critics and suggestions, as much as we can, is what can help Konami and the series right now.
bigol
International
International

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion