PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 13)

News from the Pro Evolution / Winning Eleven gaming world, discussions from the posts on WinningElevenBlog.com and general PES & WE discussions

Re: PES 2018 NEWS, DISCUSSION, SCREENS AND VIDEO (Part 13)

Postby danielrh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 am

Forced_Reps wrote:Oh yeah those quality tasty LFC Legends that are awesome ......
Those quality LFC Legends that are online only, that only people who play online spinning balls and spending currency can get.
Those awesome LFC legends that are not available to us offline players that also paid good money for the game ...........

rest my case.

danielrh wrote:it's these guys I'm hyped up for I'd love to sign Kenny Dalgish

it would be so cool if we could unlock these guys for master league offline, I agree with you
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website
https://pesleague.konami.net/2018/eu/en/

"PES2019 Looking forward to Master League offline"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby Mutuality-WSDEs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:31 pm

danielrh wrote:
:lol: your so off the mark mate, way off nobody licks ass when I've attended nobody, I'm a huge gorilla do you think I'm going to these events to lick ass ?? :lol:

Improvements:
Online, momentum shifts

What is it here that you are saying needs to be improved?

Why are you calling yourself a gorilla? How does this relate to a corporate/press promo day?
Mutuality-WSDEs

Postby makepesgreatagain » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:47 pm

any gameplay patch in data pack 3?
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:15 pm

Dont be silly, nothing to patch, the game is perfect, because all the streamers say so.

makepesgreatagain wrote:any gameplay patch in data pack 3?
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Twitter: @PESFX

Postby Mutuality-WSDEs » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Strangest thing about this version is that it has forsaken offline but online it it the worst version yet. This means the franchise is deteriorating on both sides year by year. Last year it was the most asinine skill-gap compression tactics on offer: find the tallest player you can, play 433 and bombard his head from every angle. 

This year it's slightly less one-dimensional, more about the fastest players you can find and playing one-twos into the box. But the degree to which the game is intervening on the player vs player contest is a farce: as I gain experience, practice and supposedly skill I have less of a sense of why I am winning or losing. My performances fluctuate wildly and opponent rating, experience, team, skill often have very little bearing on the outcome of the match. 

It's funny that so many diehard PES players are complaining so much about the managed decline of offline and the treacherous nudging of customers towards online, but if you actually put some time into online, your heads would explode: they have almost completely turned their back on the essence of this franchise in favour of making money by getting addicts to buy the same game over and over again via microtransactions.

No wonder Dalglish, Gerrard and all the other 'Legends' are being hyped by Konami and their paid/unpaid PR people - it's all that this franchise has.

‎If you realised first hand what a shell of a game it is online, the side of the game the that is actually being invested in, you'd realise that this thing ain't coming back to life: it's a free mobile phone game on console and it's a very healthy cash cow.

There's a great football game in there but you very rarely have unfettered access to it. Player enjoyment and player input is secondary to the bigger picture and the bigger goal: buy our game again via 'coins'.‎
Mutuality-WSDEs

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:03 pm

Well said, the worst part about it is that apparently most people cant see this, and the ones that can,and point it out, like us, are considered negative and 'elitists'.
It's a sad state of affairs.

Mutuality-WSDEs wrote:Strangest thing about this version is that it has forsaken offline but online it it the worst version yet. This means the franchise is deteriorating on both sides year by year. Last year it was the most asinine skill-gap compression tactics on offer: find the tallest player you can, play 433 and bombard his head from every angle. 

This year it's slightly less one-dimensional, more about the fastest players you can find and playing one-twos into the box. But the degree to which the game is intervening on the player vs player contest is a farce: as I gain experience, practice and supposedly skill I have less of a sense of why I am winning or losing. My performances fluctuate wildly and opponent rating, experience, team, skill often have very little bearing on the outcome of the match. 

It's funny that so many diehard PES players are complaining so much about the managed decline of offline and the treacherous nudging of customers towards online, but if you actually put some time into online, your heads would explode: they have almost completely turned their back on the essence of this franchise in favour of making money by getting addicts to buy the same game over and over again via microtransactions.

No wonder Dalglish, Gerrard and all the other 'Legends' are being hyped by Konami and their paid/unpaid PR people - it's all that this franchise has.

‎If you realised first hand what a shell of a game it is online, the side of the game the that is actually being invested in, you'd realise that this thing ain't coming back to life: it's a free mobile phone game on console and it's a very healthy cash cow.

There's a great football game in there but you very rarely have unfettered access to it. Player enjoyment and player input is secondary to the bigger picture and the bigger goal: buy our game again via 'coins'.‎
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby makepesgreatagain » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:27 pm

Mutuality-WSDEs wrote:Strangest thing about this version is that it has forsaken offline but online it it the worst version yet. This means the franchise is deteriorating on both sides year by year. Last year it was the most asinine skill-gap compression tactics on offer: find the tallest player you can, play 433 and bombard his head from every angle. 

well said

4 years ago i came on this board and said pes had scripting, i was called a sore loser and make excuses

at least in 2018 everyone agrees player vs player is not best man wins and hopefully 1 day konami will end this debacle and make a game that is addictive to play because of natural competition
makepesgreatagain
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby elmickio » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Watch "OFFLINE **LEGENDS** PS4 - PES 2018 - Junior Mantis's File" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/7jD9HuyHzMA

That's a link to most of the Classic players to play offline. Includes Kenny, Kev and Guillit. Should be available for every single paying customer and not have to win in a lucky dip.
Nostalgic CLASSIC TEAMS OPTION FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SB04IHDW

Nostalgic Team EXPORT FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYVXDO1N
elmickio
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: El_mickio
Twitter: @elmickio

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:12 pm

elmickio wrote:Watch "OFFLINE **LEGENDS** PS4 - PES 2018 - Junior Mantis's File" on YouTube

That's a link to most of the Classic players to play offline. Includes Kenny, Kev and Guillit. Should be available for every single paying customer and not have to win in a lucky dip.
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Pesmunki » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Played last night as Man City against Basel (on superstar of course), after watching the Champs Lge match and tried to replicate City's passing game, and happy with some of the results...

Start at 9.30. it uploaded a bit of the first game for some reason, thought I'd trimmed it!!! :shock:
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

PSN: cogs67

Postby elmickio » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:Image

elmickio wrote:Watch "OFFLINE **LEGENDS** PS4 - PES 2018 - Junior Mantis's File" on YouTube

Too bad. Some nice players.

https://www.pesoccerworld.com/foro/view ... 5&t=131369 maybe this may work?
Nostalgic CLASSIC TEAMS OPTION FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SB04IHDW

Nostalgic Team EXPORT FILE

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYVXDO1N
elmickio
Mascot
Mascot

PSN: El_mickio
Twitter: @elmickio

Postby twobobpeeters » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:44 pm

Pesmunki wrote:Played last night as Man City against Basel (on superstar of course), after watching the Champs Lge match and tried to replicate City's passing game, and happy with some of the results...

Start at 9.30. it uploaded a bit of the first game for some reason, thought I'd trimmed it!!! :shock:

3 seconds into the video, a basel player backheels it from inside his own penalty box. I lost the will to view any more of the video after that
twobobpeeters
First Team
First Team

PSN: ookieusm

Postby Nik778899 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm

Pesmunki wrote:Played last night as Man City against Basel (on superstar of course), after watching the Champs Lge match and tried to replicate City's passing game, and happy with some of the results...

I can see plenty of the fouls that you insist that you see regularly :roll:
From those Match Stats, you'd didn't have a single foul given in your favour in the entire first game and in the first half of the second game...:shock:
Nik778899
First Team
First Team

Postby danielrh » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 pm

nice little video, good to watch
PESLeague UK Official Event Admin

Official PESLeague PES2018 tournament website
https://pesleague.konami.net/2018/eu/en/

"PES2019 Looking forward to Master League offline"
danielrh
Pundit
Pundit

Gamertag: Vict0r Sweet
PSN: Vict0rSweet1
Twitter: @danielrhenry

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Haha Yep, did have to laugh that in 135 mins of football, you didn't get a single foul, find me one other professional football match in recent history where a team hasn't had a single foul in an entire match???
Yet you have never accepted that fouls, lack of them, are an issue in PES.

How do you defend that video evidence then?

Real stats from the game:

Not saying by any means there should be 14 + fouls every match as its hard to replicate fouls across 90 real mins into a 10 min or so video game match, but the point is that there are numerous fouls every single match, as shown above, and that was a low fouls count match, but PES does not replicate this in any way, every match finishes with 0 or 1 fouls, highly unrealistic.
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Pesmunki » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:Haha Yep, did have to laugh that in 135 mins of football, you didn't get a single foul, find me one other professional football match in recent history where a team hasn't had a single foul in an entire match???

Look, I've gone on record plenty of times to say I've played mostly online this year.

I've also posted at great length (before you were on the forum by the way), how I think the game's been optimized for online player v player this year, I've never hidden that fact.

I've literally played a couple of quick exhibition matches last night just after watching the game to see if you can replicate some simulation elements of the passing style, rhythm of the game, and that was the focus. NOT foul count.

I've also played a couple of weeks of PES 6 just these last few weeks for comparison (more on that later), and yeah, there's more fouls given. And could this year do with more in offline, yeah, probably, I'm not defending anything dude, and nor do I need to in here. Simple.

Search my old posts. Again, I've gone on record before saying that the lack of fouls is probably down to the lack of opposition players "closing" down enough, and lack of a full 360 collision system in place.

The reason you don't see them offline as much, is because you do see them online when player v player is bringing a different set of inputs to the table. Not hard to understand, but I suppose difficult to accept if you don't go online.

;)
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

Postby Forced_Reps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Before I was on the forum? How many times do I have to tell you that I have been here in one guise or another since 2010 ?

I totally get online can be different from offline, I've always said that the fouls count offline is so unrealistically low because not only is the collision detection / referee logic system poorly implemented, but because CPU players aren't aggressive enough, they will harass and close you down, but rarely attempt tackles, or nudges, or pushes, or pulls or anything of that nature.

Just to finish off.see below:

All MyClub online, human vs human matches:

go to 6m 19s - Zero fouls.
http://youtu.be/CN56cqnLMvQ

1 foul in 90th min:

http://youtu.be/tYe4PstgHXw

Online divisions match: Zero fouls

http://youtu.be/HkVh6pdKG_Y

Thats just a few, i could have posted hundreds of online, human vs human matches with no fouls.
indefensible.
Pesmunki wrote:
Forced_Reps wrote:Haha Yep, did have to laugh that in 135 mins of football, you didn't get a single foul, find me one other professional football match in recent history where a team hasn't had a single foul in an entire match???

Look, I've gone on record plenty of times to say I've played mostly online this year.

I've also posted at great length (before you were on the forum by the way), how I think the game's been optimized for online player v player this year, I've never hidden that fact.

I've literally played a couple of quick exhibition matches last night just after watching the game to see if you can replicate some simulation elements of the passing style, rhythm of the game, and that was the focus. NOT foul count.

I've also played a couple of weeks of PES 6 just these last few weeks for comparison (more on that later), and yeah, there's more fouls given. And could this year do with more in offline, yeah, probably, I'm not defending anything dude, and nor do I need to in here. Simple.

Search my old posts. Again, I've gone on record before saying that the lack of fouls is probably down to the lack of opposition players "closing" down enough, and lack of a full 360 collision system in place.

The reason you don't see them offline as much, is because you do see them online when player v player is bringing a different set of inputs to the table. Not hard to understand, but I suppose difficult to accept if you don't go online.

;)
Forced_Reps
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Pesmunki » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:10 pm

Forced_Reps wrote:

I totally get online can be different from offline, I've always said that the fouls count offline is so unrealistically low because not only is the collision detection / referee logic system poorly implemented, but because CPU players aren't aggressive enough, they will harass and close you down, but rarely attempt tackles, or nudges, or pushes, or pulls or anything of that nature.

So we agree why then? No issues, that's what I've also pointed out when the game first came out and Matt was talking about positioning. There is a lack of physical player interaction when two players come together over the ball. Probably simply down to it needing another ton of animations and then collision detection system that's not gone in to the development cycle yet, or it's deliberately done as a dev design choice. But to say over and over again, there's 'No fouls' is just simply inaccurate.

You can post all the games you want, I've just had a couple of fouls at the end of the game I've just played. Offline :lol: Check my you tube, I've uploaded them just for you!! :lol:
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

Postby Pesmunki » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:11 pm

Here ya go...

:D
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

Postby Pesmunki » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:14 pm

Here's the next one from the same game...

;)
Pesmunki
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to PES & WE News / Discussion