- Response times to be much better, more instinctive
- Make physical tussles more visible and integral
- Goal Keepers need to hold more shots - improved in general
- Referee's need to start calling fouls and playing advantage rule
- Board Member
- Posts: 10387
- Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:42 pm
- Location: Twitter: Adam_Bhatti
- PSN: ADU-SAN
- Slow the pace down more
- Improve the referee’s AI
-- Bring back the delayed yellow card for fouls
-- Punish harsh or deliberate fouls more effectively
- Bring back the ability to remove all players from the wall
- Attackers should make more aggressive runs, especially diagonal ones
- Goalkeepers should be more aggressive at closing down the gap in one-on-one situations
- Improve the skill/trick system so that it works efficiently
- Power bar for crosses into the box within 18 yards of the goal line
- Power bar for long throws
- Somehow better response times, while still beeing impossible to do super fast turns with the players (i don't know the solution to this to be honest)
- More "detailed" play, not power gauge, but something to make passing and shooting more detailed.
- Remove every automated assistance, no tackles by the cpu, no auto clearence by the AI players, no auto shooting etc.
- Improve the referee, and bring back advantage rule (if possible through patch, for this version, thank you)
- Better goalkeepers
Champions League PES 2011 Chant Pack. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3626
- First Team
- Posts: 1825
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:45 pm
- Location: Belgrade, Serbia
- PSN: BorisLozac
- Twitter: @BorisLozac
EDIT. Fixed in PES 2012. YUSSSSSSSSSS!!!
- Reserve Team
- Posts: 674
- Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:15 am
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Instantaneous stamina, like in Pes 2010 WII, i don't think it's too difficult to implement this in next gen versions
- Manual passing like in Fifa, both in short and long passes
- A true 360 degree movement, not only when the player is without the ball, but in possession of ball too
- And a way better collision system, it can't be players stumble the same way from Ps2 Pes till now
- In the end, the most important thing to me, a completely new animations system!
Originally wrote by pando
Anyway, "haters" or the ones who love to point out the flaws and say "it's not good this way, would'nt it be better to do it like this?" are the ones who keep the community alive and show still faith in PES, still talking about how to improve it. Not just to bash it. Blind love or faith for the game will not bring it back to its old glory. Positive critics and suggestions, as much as we can, is what can help Konami and the series right now.
- Posts: 2109
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:53 pm
- Location: Italy
especially response times related to passing , shooting , dribbling so that u can easily do a one touch pass or volley shoot without the need to press the button very early to do this action
2-improving the keeper AI so that it try to catch every shoot even the keeper fals to catch the ball but at least try to do that
in pes 2010 i can see the keeper only standing to watch the ball going in goal
3-improved the overall cpu AI
and stop the current silly AI so tha the cpu keeps performing endless pinball passes with NO aim
4-slowing the pace of the game
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:45 pm
-Again less on the rails Passing, make it feel free.
-Animations this year are KEY
-Actually put a proper advantage rule in this time around
Thats it for now but i'm definitaly going to do an indepth one once i get time.
- Posts: 5218
- Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:29 pm
- Location: Blackburn, England
- Gamertag: Rickers31093 (Not Active At Mo)
- PSN: rickers31093
Also, you have another choice: To implement Inverse Kinematics, EA implemented them from FIFA 07 on PS3/Xbox360, for my goodness .
Very probably new animations will mean a smoother gameplay like never before, so one more good and very important thing .
-Improve the 360 degree dribbling
-Improve the GK & player dives & AI
-Improve the Referee AI & update the rules of offside
-Make the turns (90 degree especially) a BIT faster (not as much as 2008/2009, though), cause low-skilled players are very hard to be controlled, and in real-life this thing is not happening all the time.
-Make different paces for PES 2011, cause some people want a faster gameplay, some people want a slower one etc.
It will be a good addition if you will make 2/3 different speeds, and in Online Mode implement this function.
For e.g. when I'm searching a match put a filter with speed (Low-Normal-Fast) then I will play on what speed I like .
-Manual passing system, more enjoyable, more harder in same time.
That's all for the moment, hope my feedback will help, and sorry for my bad english if it's the case, I'm Romanian and I have only 15 years old, and in my country English is NOT the primary language.
- Youth Team
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:04 pm
-More polished 360 dribbling
-Vastly improved repsonse times
- A complete overhaul of GK AI and animations they let in some embarassing shots with regualr frequency
- Make the game less scrappy, too many instances of the ball boobling all over the place in the midfield, this does happen but not as often as PES portrays.
-Better midfield play as I still don't think players like Fabregas can really dictate games the way they do in rela life.
-Bring back the shot fake
-More in depth video tutorials ala FIFA regarding the tricks, penaly system etc
-Slight tweeks to AI in terms of the way teams play. As developers you should approach you AI as having top tier AI for teams like Barca, Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal. A tier below tht for the likes of Tottenham, Villa, Valencia, Villereal and a level below to include Hull, Bolton, Getefe etc. Somtimes I have noticed I can be playing Wigan in the EPL and they will be 1-0 down and still playing slow build up football whereas Wigin in real life are likely to be more direct and will have very little interplay in their midfield.
-Bring back World Cup Qualifiers and include European Championship Qualifiers.
Individuality, Excitement, unpredictability and emotion.
PES THE THINKING MANS FOOTBALL GAME
- Bench Warmer
- Posts: 753
- Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:17 am
- PSN: ShaneJoshua80
- get rid of button delay.
- The game is too rigid, need this to be more free. I still feel i cannot compleetly control my defenders. They go walkabout at times OR when i tug them in a direction they dont seem to move.
- Better goalkeepers, no spills.
- First Team
- Posts: 1295
- Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:38 pm
- Location: Wolverhampton, UK
- Gamertag: jaffa mad
- PSN: jaffa-mad
- Twitter: Jubalc
- Improved player turning and dribbling
- (True 360 degree dribbling it's more like 16 way dribbling in PES 2010 if PES 2010 had, had true 360 degree dribbling it may have been more fun than it's rival)
- Make passing as easy and free flowing to execute as FIFA 10 has done
- Skill Moves should be added to right analog stick (easier to pull off or have it as an alternative option to the default lay out)
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 3:20 pm
- slow down the gameplay
- completely overwork the animation, for instance when u play with Ronaldinho he is totally different in the game than in real life
- endrophin (or how thats written) engine would be nice!!
- improve the goalkeepers a little bit
- often players dont run with, they just stand still ... that very important to improve that
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:04 pm
1) [b]manual passing, crossing, shooting[/b]
or at the very least a semi-manual system as with fifa's, which allows the stats to still pay a part. Crucially, pass and shot directions need to increase from 8 directions to at least 32/64.
Need to be more fluid, but not look generic like they do in FIFA. Simple really - make them on par with other sports games.
3)A proper physics system for players i.e. collision detection.
Make it less simplistic and improve the visual representation of collisions
4) Ball PHYSICS
the ball needs to bend, dip and fade more on shots, crosses and long passes. Make it move in the air if possible.
Make them customisable and closer to actual broadcast camera angles.
just make them deeper and tighter please
For me, and i dare say for many pes fans, these points should be on a white board, in big black letters, in the centre of the development office. If they get all this in, and for next year there is no excuse if they don't, we'll get the game we want. Every point is eminently achievable
- Posts: 44
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:06 pm
the animations in pes need to be reworked because they look like robots when they run and i agree that a new collision engine should be looked at.
The AI is also bad in Pes the computer is not good making chances, and the defending sometimes look stupid.
The goalkeepers reactions is also very bad, they are very slow and react very late when you shot on goal, so its way to easy to score.
There is also to many players there is chasing the ball sometimes, i have seen 5 players go for a ball in a header, not very realistic.
PES10 is great but there is still a lot to make in the game.
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:25 pm
- Fix the referee...They are too lenient in PES2010 and please teach them how advantage rules works....Especially for an offside where the opposition got the ball so it's really pointless to call the offside!!
- Don't call a foul for every failed dive.
- Keepers need to spill less (MUCH less)
- Don't tell the keeper AI to simply go to where the ball is going to land as they currently do, that's suicide, teach them to interrupt the ball mid-flight.
- When a good player has the ball (i.e Henry) the AI currently backs away too far in fear of closing him down which leads to many easy long range shots/ goals as the defenders back away too much.
So that part of the defending AI needs adjustment.
Believe it or not those are the only bad things in PES10 that get on my nerves...Bad animation / button delay are not something I'm bothered about personally.
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 1:30 pm
masteratt wrote:- When a good player has the ball (i.e Henry) the AI currently backs away too far in fear of closing him down which leads to many easy long range shots/ goals as the defenders back away too much.
So that part of the defending AI needs adjustment.
Take for example this goal, and I swear it's on Top Player Difficulty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fkPuSjoGBg
In reality Iniesta is not so free like in this movie !!
- Youth Team
- Posts: 302
- Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:04 pm
Passing, shooting, crossing, ... even dribbling!
You will enjoy the game only when you feel you are in charge. I think this is why we loved PES4/5/6
And i want a new game, no refinements on this broken engine.
- Posts: 135
- Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:28 pm
- bring back the option to tweak the camera
- bring back player switching from PES6
- gives us the ability to do a deliberate foul without having to tackle. I know pressing X sometimes you will grab and foul you opponent, but I wan't to be able to stop a counter attack consistently by fouling (grabing for instance) without getting sent off
- fix long passes. Every professional player in the world can kick the ball from a side line to the other, yet sometimes in PES the pass comes out short
- sometimes short/through pass comes out short, usually when the other player is next to you and you loose the ball
- sometimes when the ball is in the air you have to super cancel in order to make your player move. This is impratical when its a cross. You had it right in PES 2/3/4/5/6.
- bring back the R2 diagonal touch forward to get through your opponent like in PES 4 I think
- bring back the instant response times you had in PES 5/6 and that you still have in the PS2 version. This is what make us feel like we are in control instead of being controled by the game. This is vital
- looking at the size of the goal and the goalkeeper they don't look in the right proportion/scale.
- remove slow shots goals. Its stupid to score so many goals by just putting the ball near the post even if its a slower shot
- lob passes are a bit to high. Give us a lower trajectory.
- bring back fake shot like in PES 5/6
- give us the ability to bring a second player in corners
- give us the ability to pass the ball to other players in goal kicks
- make it easy to retain posession when you have a free kick. its stupid having to kick the ball upfield not to risk loosing the ball and conceding a goal
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:20 pm