PES 2012 Wish-lists: Become A Legend

* This area is directly supervised by Konami.*
Welcome to your chance to participate in the development of PES – where your thoughts go directly to the PES programmers.

PES 2012 Wish-lists: Become A Legend

Postby qamilqimi_112 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Hey, nobody created BAL suggestions for PES 2012, so I created it....I know there are already legends suggestions but not BAL suggestions....

I know many of pes fan love master league mode than become a legend mode, but for me i prefer BAL coz its way better than fifa's be a pro or virtual pro...so my suggestions...

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=222945
take a look at this suggestions, really2 excellent

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU8VK9zKfZE&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
take a look at this video, it told all that i've wanted.

plus my suggestions

How about playing past season?

U can start BAL from year 2000 or from 1998
and all the transfers,news,new kit,official ball,emblem,etc will updated
U also can grab Fifa world best player title from Messi
U also can change the history
It will be great feature

How about create a new kits every season?

U can create new kit(create new barca kit with More stripes or new Sponsor,colour,etc based on barca kit texture..) so we will not get bored with the same kit

How about edit mode on BAL?

U can edit some player transfer(fix transfer that impossible e.g Rooney to Roma,Gerrard to Milan) edit player numbers(fix unrealistic numbers chosen by transferred player e.g Pastore used number 33 on Real Madrid instead of number lower from that n suite for midfield such as 8,12,13etc...
& many more edit features..
without cheatly u transfer urself or etc..

How about aging players?

Messi will grow longer hair n lighter beards
n after a few weeks he hair will shorter n shaved beards

How about Bal haircut?

Our BAL also will grow hair and beard
so we can use our money to shorter the volume of hair or beard
Its just like a haircut
More complicated haircut will cost u more
N will get Media attention(just like Tevez this season)

How about player's sponsor?

Player will get offer from boots company such as adidas,nike,puma..etc.
(so u will have contracts for how many years n get paid)

Player will have an offer from variables company such as sports drink, shirt brand ,etc
(I know it hard to get the license for this, so how about naming it like American Sports Drink, Italian Brand Shirt or whteva....do it just like Master League Sponsors)

It also will gain media attention....

I will giv more ideas in the future
P.S Konami! try to watch Goal film, its quite good to improve BAL

feel free to share ur suggestions or comment on my suggestions
Ignore my grammar and spelling. I am bad at English. THANK YOU!!! PES FTW!!!
qamilqimi_112

Re: PES 2012 Wishlist :Become A Legend

Postby qamilqimi_112 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Sorry about youtube videos
Im noob so tell me how to put it...
Here's the link http://youtu.be/gU8VK9zKfZE
qamilqimi_112

Postby panj » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:21 pm

Now, this is a stretch and many fans and the producers may roll their eyes on this one, but those little bits of player to player interaction scenes were an interesting add on. That is something I would love to see expanded in a way of a true, sort of, role playing thing. Like, certain scenes where you can have an option what to say to a teammate, coach or even reporters. That could also create some sort of love-hate relationship between you and some other players, like a 1-5 meter(1 they hate your guts, 5 they love you) and could even lead to some fighting. That wouldn't only be a cosmetic effect, but would also affect how ofter the coach puts you in the game, how often the players pass to you and so on. I accept if you consider the idea to be dumb, not all of us like role playing.
panj

Postby qamilqimi_112 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:01 pm

panj wrote:Now, this is a stretch and many fans and the producers may roll their eyes on this one, but those little bits of player to player interaction scenes were an interesting add on. That is something I would love to see expanded in a way of a true, sort of, role playing thing. Like, certain scenes where you can have an option what to say to a teammate, coach or even reporters. That could also create some sort of love-hate relationship between you and some other players, like a 1-5 meter(1 they hate your guts, 5 they love you) and could even lead to some fighting. That wouldn't only be a cosmetic effect, but would also affect how ofter the coach puts you in the game, how often the players pass to you and so on. I accept if you consider the idea to be dumb, not all of us like role playing.

Yeah! agree...We can make a good relationship on player, coach, agent, media, etc...
or hate someone tht u dislike....good idea...it will affect u, so u will be more responsible to the things u have done...
qamilqimi_112

Postby qamilqimi_112 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:36 pm

qamilqimi_112

Postby LAGZzM3N4C3 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:41 pm

can we be able to be a goalkeepers for a more fun and complexed career
LAGZzM3N4C3

Postby sonic2x » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:31 pm

First of all we need in become a legend be able to play as goalkeeper.Second:improvment to the camera.More cutscenes with yout player,manager,agend and other.You should be able to get interviews in become a legend.
sonic2x

Postby qamilqimi_112 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:57 am

*Camera Improvement
new better camera for BAL instead of vertical wide and player for third person view

*First person view
for bench, mybe in bus, getting trophies, entrance, etc

*Ratings
Why the maximum number of ratings after the match just 8????, It must be 10

*Pre match warm up
Warm up should be added(optional)

good example
plus more cutscene to make it realistic

*Stats
Become a legend!!! this is not just a amateur player...so stats should have been higher when young
qamilqimi_112

Postby qamilqimi_112 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 am

*Better tactics

Every teams should have passer,target man,key player, etc...
if our bal is a target man, so we could have an individual objective such as takes 11 shots,score a goal,etc
This mybe like be a pro, but it will make the game more addictive
individual match rating will increase based on the objective completion and match stats

*Objective

Team Season objective(e.g. win titles, cups, etc)

Individual season objectives(e.g. score 25 goals a season)

Team objective(e.g. win this match, draw is enough or try the best)

Individual objective(e.g. score a goal)

*Abilty to sim the match until we subbed in instead of fast forwarding

*Laptops, Phones , TV,etc

To read football news, or getting a call from agents,friends,etc..to watch ur team play when u are injurt for a week(optional)
A fanpage???... so u could know tht a million just like ur fanpage and will get media attention,congrats from friends,manager and moral will increase rapidly

New manager

ur old manager have been sacked, when the new manager arrived, so all the formations,tactics, etc could be change depends on the new manager attributes

so manager should be implemented in pes2012, with licensed faces and stats,attributes...
qamilqimi_112

Postby Nemisiskidd » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:34 am

make it more of a simulation of a footballers life , press conferences were you answer questions, relationships with manager and players depending how you talk to them and this can effect on pitch behaviour, mobile phones and computers to receive emails from other players and agents who may link you with other clubs, fan base, cut scenes like first person camera option on the bench, first person view when entering and leaving tunnel and leaving the team coach pes is renound for there bogus library of players, so why dont they create youth/reserve teams with them, e.g. peters would be a bogus name for a player in chelsea youth/reserve team that i will play alongside in the youth team and wen my BAL players ability increases i go onto chelseas first team and play with the likes of anelka these bogus players can be brought up aswell into the first team . Club trials would be great the more prestigious the club the harder the trial the trial will consist of old pes 5 training drills like shot target, pass targets, defending dribbling and so on if you pass the ability drills the club will offer you a contract ( this only applies for when you begin your career to prove your self so you will get offers from lower rated teams as usual and have to pass their trial).

NO MORE TRAINING MATCHES these shoud be changed into reserve matches were you face sides with bogus players e.g. chelsea reserve v man u reserve this players i mentioned above e.g. peters, jones and other names, training should be done seperately where you practice and keep in shape ( you have a choice to go training this may hinder your relationship with manager and you will not gain ability points or even lose some) in training you do drills and warm ups and then matches, to gain the managers trust and judgement you must play well in training matches on small park pitches not big stadiums ( just makes it more realistic). Control your own celebrations as you are siming your player.This all will need top notch AI

Lastly maybe this isn't as important and may be stupid but create a storyline were you control depending your relationship with the public/fans manager players and press and continuosly changing because of this a bit like Heavy rain the ps3 video game but not so indepth, you can walk around attend training when you want walk up to players and speak basically live the life of a footballer, BUT STILL KEEP TO THE FOOTBALL SIDE OF THINGS!

Park pitch

look at the freedom side of things ability to roam around, receiving messages from manager and players would be good and i kno if pes was to do this it has to be friendly and not violent.

view from bench when a sub, the player can skip this part if they want and skip to dressing room

STILL KEEP to the football side of things and not too carried away with this part

training drills which will include shooting and dribbling so as you can build up ability

as a player put yourself in rio ferdinands shoes and talk to the manager were you will have options to question he asks which you will answer depending on what you say the managers judgement will change, maybe for the better or the worse.with the help of edit manager, you can edit the appearance of managers in edit mode for each team in game to have realistic managers to talk to.

shirt signings

sponsors if Konami are allowed (copyright to respected owners)

i know this is from fifa but please Konami put this camera in (still keeping the old one as an option) the zoom in and shaky handycam effect which is fastis great and exciting. when you near goal you hear shouting of players and trudging through the grass giving a realistic effect and almost pressurising.
Kit maker

Bundesliga kits for PESUniverse

Follow me on Twitter: @NemesisK_PES
Nemisiskidd
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: nemisiskidd

Postby Rptimao » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:32 pm

I did this video
Rptimao

Postby qamilqimi_112 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:06 am

Rptimao wrote:

I did this video

i know.....

u should get credit for it....

sorry..

im trying to promote ur video

u make an excellent PES2012 suggestions vids...

so can i post any other of ur vids here?
qamilqimi_112

Postby talz » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:43 pm

BAL Transfers

when receiving offers from clubs why not include on the screen where you are shown match opportunity, salary etc. what the current club thinks of the move eg:
- they want you to stay
- would be happy for you to leave or stay
- want you to leave as you are not playing well enough
- wouldn't want you to join that specific club as they are rivals (local rivals, relegation rivals or title contenders)

Loans

Im in my second season and during the january transfer window got an offer from inter which i accepted as i was playing for wigan. Now the tranfers might seem to be a bit iffy but i like to think they recognised me as future potential, now realistically i should get nowhere near the first team with the likes of Iniesta playing in the same posistion as me.
So Konami introduce loans, inter should loan me out to improve my stats, send me out on loan to a weaker club in a different league, maybe even back to wigan to get regualr first team football. different scenarios for loans:

- improve stats and get regualar first team football until im good enough for first team football
- No chance of getting into the first team so go out on loan just to save money ie. David Bentley from spurs.
- Other teams have recognised you and want you but cannot afford the transfer fee or it wouldnt be realistic for them to buy you. This is different from your club sending you out. Adds a new spin on BAL as you can have success in different leagues without having to constantly sign new contracts.

the Loans are interesting as when your playing for a team like inter you can simply go out on loan, impress and come straight into the first team. Inter could recall the player if they see he is playing well, players have been injured or the loan has run out. Also the option to turn a loan into a permanent contract should be included, so if the player feels they have a better chance of progressing their career at the club they have been loaned out to they can stay, or you can go back to your parent club and fight for a place in the starting line up.
talz
Ballboy
Ballboy

PES BaL Ideas and Questions

Postby Asfen » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:26 pm

I apologise in advance for any nonsense in this post or for whatever humiliation I heap on myself in this 4600+ word post. I simply hope to help Konami.

Suggestions for Become a Legend mode for PES 2012 and beyond

Note: This is to serve as feedback on the Become a Legend (BaL) mode only to Konami. It is based on observations I have made in the game. This is independent to all other feedback so there is more than likely some redundancy. Also, this is not a final list.
These may be isolated to me or a few players. I don't know what Konami has planned or how they go about making the game. They put in a lot of work and I hope to help them in some way with this. I could be wrong or have misunderstood things. Ultimately this is not negative criticism. I simply am hoping to shed light or more light on the issues and ideas given here. I am not a master of the game by any means but I believe my concerns are valid. Kudos to Konami for what they have done and they way they have improved with PES 2011 and their willingness to listen to the consumer.

Starting the BaL mode:
Allow users to start with a player that can genuinely become a “legend”. Regardless of whether or not people play this mode simply in order to control a single player in the context of the BaL mode it is important that the people have the option of playing through the career of a true legend.
With the way the game is structured, people are more than likely have to drag their character's feet through the mud so to speak for quite some time while they wait for the training settings they set to take effect. It can take quite some time for a character to become a “speed demon” for instance. More often than not, playing a new character feels like playing an injured or restrained character due to shots being especially soft or wayward. With regard to speed, passing to another player immediately or soon after is often the only way to maintain possession for your team because running with the ball can easily end up with the ball being easily picked off you or you being forced to hold up the ball rather than attempting to take the opposition on. Having stats capable of allowing players to function as “talent” sooner rather than later is surely a good thing. In one past edition of the game, I found that my character stopped improving early on in their career. It takes quite some time to get your player to true “legend” status as it is.

One button play:
There comes a point in a gamers session in this mode when they may want to pull off something quickly such as a cross flashed across the face of the goal just before you run out of space as you dash toward the corner. In this example the only option is making an aerial cross whereas a low cross or a ball along the ground is not as easy to pull off.
Another example is the lob shot, i.e. a shot intended to neatly rise over the keeper's outstretched fingertips and sail into the back of the net. How do you do this? It takes a bit of research and practise. It shouldn't be difficult to simply attempt this feat. Surely a future legend and certainly a player with certain stats in the yellow/orange/red could pull this off. When you're played through as a striker or when you're barrelling toward the goalkeeper with the ball you may want to make a nifty flick with your boot to send the ball one side of the keeper or right over them when you get on top of them. Indeed it shouldn't be an amateur's game so some degree of difficulty is needed but compared to free kicks and penalties this particular action is tricky. Player's don't need to be world class to be able to pull off a lob. The difficulty should be in finding a balance between the speed of the character (slower = more control?), the sensitivity of the relevant key/button (such as what is experienced when taking a penalty in PES 2011), the position of the character relative to the goalkeeper and the goal and the distance from the goal.
Ever collect a cleared ball and need to take blast on goal as the opposition begins to close you down? Sure timing and stats determine the success of the attempt but this usually doesn't mean a thing when you have to wait for your character take a few steps or when the game has to wait for you to determine the power of the attempt. Just as how a defender can put a boot to the ball and make a solid clearance with one key/button touch there should be a similar consistent option for players in the opposition's half of the pitch.

More cut-scenes:
Seeing the club captain talk to you after a game in the tunnel telling your character to be patient while the team gets to know him or when he says your character is becoming important to the team and especially being told that you're being made captain next season is one of the most rewarding parts of the game. Your character no longer disappears once a game is over. It actually exists off the pitch like a real person!
This aspect of the game can be improved.
More scenes can be added such as half-time talks. See the manager yell at your team after they foul up the first half? Watch the manager describe tactics in addition to being given them during the game as simple text. Press conferences? In the game “Football Manager” there is a feature similar to you being able to choose from a list of responses for questions the media asks you. Such a thing could do well in BaL. The scene could depict your character entering a press conference, talking, leaving and even a scene after the game for a one-on-one interview that you see all the time from managers and man-of-the-match winners. Your decision can influence the headlines you see at the top in PES 2011. (Deals breaking down over money? Close to signing a deal? Bah! You should have a voice... even if only you may hear it.)
The scenes themselves can be improved. You should see yourself in the scene where the manager gives out the team strategy before the game regardless of whether you are the captain or not.

More realistic player behaviour and transfers:
It is quite disheartening to see some of your top players disappear from the squad list even when you clinch the treble and they play most of the games and have been a servant to the club for numerous years. If a club of the likes of Manchester United, AC Milan, Real Madrid and so on are decimated before you can arrive there how much fun would that be? Players should be attracted to successful clubs.
One of the most frustrating elements of PES 2011 is incoming transfers. Outgoing top players are scarcely replaced by like players. More often than not, all clubs, no matter how big, always bring in players barely worthy of being in a “C team” much less the first squad. They are almost never played yet they stay in the squad, filling up places and sometimes taking up the more popular squad numbers.
One frustrating thing is constantly being offered transfer offers from teams in any transfer window in which you haven't completed a transfer or have not signed a contract extension. You should be able to tell your agent “Hold all transfer offers unless they are from...”. This way you can determine whether or not you are alerted at all while still being able to check when you do get an offer with the help of a flashing icon that is displayed in the schedule view as you fast forward through empty periods of transfer windows.

Bugs or not bugs?
There are so many things in PES 2011 that I would classify as bugs but at the same time I wonder if they are found on all instances of the game or just those that I have played, if Konami is aware of them and if they are less bugs and rather are more features of the game that fall below my standards than anything else. Either way here they are.
One of the most frustrating things as an attacking players is to see your character pass the ball forward, straight out of play, when you wanted to pass the ball across the face of goal or simply to the side to set up your fellow attacker. Either this is a bug that needs to be addressed or the mechanics of the game need to be adjusted to allow more room for any combination errors although I hardly think I have just been mis-pressing “pass” then getting the direction wrong.
Throughballs... what are they supposed to look like? Sure they can be a neat pass over a few yards such as those you may see from FC Barcelona's maestros but more often than not they're strong and at times angled passes that allow players to run onto them. More often than not when I use the throughball key/button I find my character making as shocking a pass as you would see. Instead of the ball rolling beyond the opposition defence it instead looks more like a conscious give-away as the ball is nowhere near your intended target. With PES 2011's new “put the ball where you want” bit you are better off using the pass button and relying on your skills as a gamer to weight the pass and angle it effectively. The througball usually only works on the wings but even then it doesn't always work as consistently as it should.
That brings me to another point that is not necessarily a bug. It's more like a failed attempt by Konami to add to the game. It's a good idea to give gamers more freedom when choosing where to pass the ball. Indeed, it's nice to be able to pass the ball into space as a defender for a fellow defender or the goalkeeper to get to the ball when the opposition is pressing. The problem is that even this can be unintended and you're found thinking “I got away with that.”. This feature often interferes with the most basic of actions. Sure it's not challenging for gamers to be able to make pin-point passes with one finger but it's also ridiculous to be unable to make short angled passes because the camera isn't suitable for it. Particularly when it comes to keyboards you can be caught thinking twice about making passes near the touchline. Sure professionals make shockers like that from time to time but PES isn't a “100% simulation”, it's not Microsoft Flight Simulator, not that it ever should be. PES is still about fun, not training (even though flying in that game can be fun as well). The freedom of choice... of ball placement {:)} is a good thing but perhaps using another key/button as a modifier could allow you to quickly switch between a quick pass and a controlled ball into space. Even this modification can be customisable so players can tailor the game to their needs.
In PES 2011 there is a phenomena I have experienced which puzzles me. How in the world do you foul a player when they're the one trying to dispossess you and you do nothing but try to keep running. Too many times have I tried to progress up the pitch when I find myself called for a foul simply because the opposition player who is seeking to dispossess me is somehow knocked and behaves as though you flung an arm at them sending them struggling for balance. You end up fouling them and you can do nothing positive about it.
Is it just me or do certain boots perform differently than others in unexpected ways. The boots apparently offer varying benefits but I noticed something when I first started playing the BaL mode in PES 2011. At first I didn't change my boots. My shots and passes were weak but when I changed my boots to make my character look better I found my kicks to be far more powerful. The comparison of kicking a beach ball to kicking an actual football is appropriate here. If this is intended it should be made clear, perhaps using the benefits chart under each boot. Since you can use any boot at any time it shouldn't be a problem to tell the gamer clearly “This boot will allow you to run faster but this boot will add power to your shots...” and so on. I often find the chart as it is to be mostly useless. I often simply choose a boot for it's style and colour.
Teamwork is a stat that concerns me. When it comes to your international team if you chose one that you can play on, I have experienced in multiple cases a lack of progression in this stat. I am often stuck at a low teamwork number which not only makes playing with my fellow players more difficult than it should be. I often am forced to skip international matches in my first season in order to get a desirable transfer offer. If the international matches are played and I don't get one I often am left with the decision of wasting another season or going back and skipping the lot. It seems to me that skipping matches affects your teamwork stat permanently. As you can't reset your teamwork stat with your national team as you could with your club team by switching clubs you are stuck. I have yet to make captain of my national team due to this problem but I wonder if this problem is limited to my game. It's a strange bug if it is that. You certainly should be allowed to progress to 99 as you should be able to with any other stat that is affected by training. I would like some more information on this more than anything else. A “You can try this...” would be nice but I doubt it's as simple as that.

Free-kicks, penalties and corners:
One: Just because your character has high free-kick stats doesn't mean they have to be forced to take corners as well. Take Cristiano Ronaldo for instance. Free-kick specialist some would say but does he take every corner? He certainly doesn't have to. Need a reason? He's good in the air. Why can't something like that apply to the game. Also, what if you simply are poor at corner deliveries and/or are better at scoring from corner deliveries. Up to PES 2011 players have been chained to taking both unless one of the free-kick related stats are compromised in order to focus on one.
The foot a corner is taken with is always the “stronger foot”. Regardless of how skilled a footballer may be with their other foot. Why can't you simply choose between an in-swinger and an out-swinger independent of the corner? Free-kicks fail that way as well.
Penalties are absolutely shocking in PES 2011. Taking them is as natural as playing football with your head on backwards. Sure certain people might get used to it but it's hardly ideal. Penalties aren't all that difficult to take but the best penalties (placed in a top corner) are risky to attempt. First of all, like free-kicks and corners currently are, penalties should give gamers the same view they would have if they were taking the penalty themselves, i.e. looking straight at the goal instead of having the view of a fan in the stands. This can make the penalty an awkward ordeal as you have no way of even imagining of where your penalty will go unless you focus on the buttons/keys almost exclusively (not done whatsoever with free-kicks or corners).
One thing that concerns me with PES 2011 is the apparent reluctance of a player to run toward you when you're taking the corner so you can safely take a short corner and the certain lack of ability to call them. I believe you had the option of calling a player toward you in EA's game but from what I see you don't in Konami's. I often find myself waiting a ridiculous amount of time for the player to make their run toward you and eventually finding a player who was in the box making the run to you instead. Sometimes I resort to passing to myself although I have to be careful or the closest defender will pick up the ball or quickly dispossess me. When there's only 2 or so players in the box against half a dozen or so defenders it's not good odds you'll find your man, especially if the players in the box are around Lionel Messi's height. In such a case a short corner is not just the best option, it's the only solid option.

Tactics:
PES 2010 was bad. PES 2011 is a little better. The tactics in these games, especially the first, can end up jumping from the scream, grabbing you by the shoulder and shaking you violently back and forth yelling “This is utter nonsense! What in the world is going on? This can't possibly be real!”. Overly dramatic yes but the point is made. If I recall correctly, in PES 2010 I would be stunned out my boots over and over when I see the opposition team making substitutions to get three defensive midfielders in when they're losing... 6 or 8 nil. That simply doesn't happen or rather it shouldn't. Perhaps when protecting a slim lead, going for a draw or trying to prevent a 2 goal deficit from becoming 5. In the last scenario, the opposition seems obsessed with getting 4 or 5 players in attack leaving shocking space in midfield and a headache if you're playing as a defender. All of this in the formation, not simply a last heave ho to score a winning goal. What's even worse is that this phenomenon can occur early in the second of two legged affairs when the opposition was well and truly beaten in the first leg. Konami must do better with this. Perhaps a talk with a real manager or someone different can help if that's necessary. The people working on this seem to not know the game of football but I can hardly imagine this is the case.
Then there's the whole announcement of a change in tactics in PES 2011. It's nice... once or thrice. In many cases the message comes up so many times it becomes akin to Internet pop-up ads. Then if that's not enough you have to go through the post-game review which has a section for each tactic announcement.
Focussing on a danger player or a weak side of the opposition is one thing but the game seems ill-equipped to deal with such a tactic. Players go out of their way to launch the ball to the player in question or to their side. If it's not you the player in question can be seen constantly calling for the ball... all... the... time. They even call for the ball when the opposition goalkeeper collects the ball. The idea is good, but the AI needs a bit of tweaking, both the player in focus and the rest of the squad.
Sometimes when your character is playing a certain position the manager can move you around the pitch regardless of whether or not your character is trained to play in that position perhaps because of your stats. I often find myself wondering if I can ever get through more than the odd game while playing in the same position, particularly as a defender (SBs are bad, Cbs are even worse). This should only happen in the more dire of circumstances such as when a team is decimated by injury. For instance, the AC Milan central defender Thiago Silva recently played as a defensive midfielder because of the amount of injuries the team suffered.
The player wall is usually made up of the taller players. Is it true you have to make a substantially short player in order to avoid being locked in the wall? It is quite rare for the opposition to hit the wall, certainly when it comes to free-kicks where the taker would launch the ball into the box. When playing as anything but a centre-back or a centre-forward, my player is always stuck in the wall. This is fine for short free-kicks where the only chance I would have to do anything about the free-kick would be to go into the wall and try to block the shot but when the ball is lofted into the box it is frustrating to see the opposition get a head or boot on the ball. It would be nice to either have the choice, perhaps when you make captain, or at least allow the defensive players (CB,SB,DMF) to be put in the box rather than be wasted in the wall.
The “back four” or three or what have you should remain that as much as possible. When playing as a CB or SB I often find the central or defensive midfielder popping up in the back even when the opposition is not near the defenders. It's not unfathomable for a defensive midfielder to try to shore up the back line but they're out of position and thus cannot do their job which is to battle in midfield it becomes a problem. The AI doesn't seem especially smart here. Things have somewhat improved since PES 2010 but even though PES 2011 allows you to choose to play as a defender it needs some work as far as playing in such a position goes.
When playing as a wide player something becomes blatantly obvious. The strikers seem to not understand the whole “I get to the line, you make a run into the box, I put a cross in, you get a head on it...” concept. This tactic seems lost in the game. Sure the strikers might not always be able to keep up or anticipate you making the run or quickly putting the cross in but any decent striker would look to hug the line to be put through or collect a cross. When playing as a striker it's very frustrating when you wait for service. The only team I have ever experienced frequent, quality service is from FC Barcelona when I get put through many times... on the ground. Every other team I have played with (obviously not all) has been inept by comparison. At such a team you can be forgiven for not expecting crosses into the box or long balls over the defence. Unfortunately if you wait for a wide player to put a cross in before you attempt a shot I can safely say you will rarely score if ever. Unless you're in a top quality team you can't expect players to provide useful aerial service. Of course, aerial crosses in real games aren't that common. Sometimes wide players are rarely able to get past the defender but through all the seasons in all the top teams I've played with I can't shake the feeling that it's less the lack of opportunity as it is a lack of intent. Certainly when your character is good at headers and is tall the manager should think “Put some crosses into the box...”, leaving it up to you to make the run and beat your marker. I hope this isn't an actual problem but it concerns me enough to mention it.
Calling for the ball should be a little more intelligent. Stating whether you want a throughball or the ball to feet should be allowed. Too many times passes have zipped past me out of play or to the opposition when a simpler pass would have done wonders in comparison. Also, it would be nice to be able to request an aerial pass.
Intelligent reactions by the manager should be in the game. Take for example you're playing as a SB and you can play both sides, why shouldn't the manager put you on the side of the pitch the more dangerous man of the opposition lies? This is more of a suggestion to get ideas flowing. As wingers often switch wings often it may not be the most sensible of things to constantly switch fullbacks.

Player reviews:
I have played as a defensively minded player over numerous seasons. One thing I have noticed... if you don't score multiple times or provide an assists you get a low rating by the manager compared to the defensive performance you make. There are times when you get a high rating even when your attacking runs are almost non-existent but more often than not this is not the case. Sometimes you don't get much to do or you don't make that many interceptions but you play your position well. This should be reflected in the review. Also, being told you were disappointing for various sections in the game is annoying more than anything even though it wasn't your fault you had little or nothing to do. It appears the game requires you to suck the ball to yourself and do something with it at all times. Surely Konami didn't intend to force gamers to attack regardless of their desire to play as an all out defender. CBs can often stand around doing nothing much for large stretches of the game. They shouldn't be punished for that. The game simply doesn't seem to expect anyone to play as a defensive player. I... doubt this. Your reviews should also reflect your overall performance on the pitch more. The “manager” should also consider how well you played to the tactics he chose.

Aesthetics:
How about adding boots of all colours? I would have loved to be able to put on a completely white boot while wearing a uniform such as Real Madrid's. This is less a fashion statement than it is a matter of matching. Even if the boots have to be custom made for the game they should be added. Also, the boots could be smooth like the Mercurials rather than dull looking as the custom PES boots that look more cheap than anything else. Perhaps gamers can simply change the colour of a boot, who knows.
Accessories are a part of the game but I can't help but notice the under-shorts simply don't appear during normal play. It should be visible. Headbands also seem to not be rendered. Sure distance plays a part, it often makes dull looking boots look good but perhaps the accessories can be rendered better.

Wish list:
Some things that would be nice if they could be added to the game...
More leagues to facilitate promotion/relegation dynamics to the various leagues.
Better looking uniforms or numbers. The current ones can be described as lame. Surely using a neater font won't incur legal problems?
Access to training grounds in BaL mode . Being able to undergo actual individual training and team training matches only when desired would be nice. Perhaps even allowing the player to develop and save attacking moves for instance. “You go that way, I go this way, we do this in order to do that...” can be transferred to competitive games. Gamers can then use them instead of solely relying on the game's AI. Complex perhaps but maybe not.

Well, I feel better getting that off my chest.
Cheers,
Asfen.
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they never are."
Asfen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Asfen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:55 pm

I would like to add it seems people don't have enough precise control over the players. For example, sometimes when I try to defend free-kicks and corners my player sometimes "slides" in one direction and I can't stick close to my mark. In the same way the player can automatically lock into the path of a pass, perhaps the stats of a player can influence how well easily they follow and cover the player they're marking.
Also it would be good if you could force your player to jump. Sometimes when you try to clear a ball from a corner for instance, the player doesn't jump, even when they would have at least just been close to the ball if they had.

What about more realistic player behaviour such as being able to let your player walk slowly away or keep on running after they dispossess an opponent or shrug off a challenge before passing the ball. This way you can splash a bit more control of a player's personality onto the game. This wouldn't affect the player physically, it is simply a visual modification to the game to add realism in the way the crowd is updated.

About previous posts:
qamilqimi_112 wrote:How about playing past season?

U can start BAL from year 2000 or from 1998
and all the transfers,news,new kit,official ball,emblem,etc will updated
U also can grab Fifa world best player title from Messi
U also can change the history
It will be great feature

Sounds more like a separate game much less a "feature" which seems like it just requires the date in the game to be changed or an older edition of the game to be played.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:How about create a new kits every season?

U can create new kit(create new barca kit with More stripes or new Sponsor,colour,etc based on barca kit texture..) so we will not get bored with the same kit

Sounds like a strange concept to me. How would new sponsors be determined? Wouldn't this end up allowing players to make custom kits? Kits are the property of the team, not the individual player. To affect change in such things as kits goes against what BaL is all about. Perhaps a customisation feature can be added outside of the main modes such as the way sqauds can be modififed before starting the BaL mode for instance but this can only be done before the mode is started.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:How about edit mode on BAL?

U can edit some player transfer(fix transfer that impossible e.g Rooney to Roma,Gerrard to Milan) edit player numbers(fix unrealistic numbers chosen by transferred player e.g Pastore used number 33 on Real Madrid instead of number lower from that n suite for midfield such as 8,12,13etc...
& many more edit features..
without cheatly u transfer urself or etc..

I'm hoping I understand this correcty because it seems obvious this poster doesn't speak good English but here goes.
Controlling transfers is indeed tempting. When, for example, you get your dream transfer to Manchester United FC and when you arrive you find either a player such as Rooney or Vidic or Nani had been sold before or is sold during the same transfer window just after you, you may wonder if you should go over the window again, hoping that transfer doesn't happen while also hoping you get an offer from the club again as well). Being able to stop such transfers would be good but it can also prevent ones that might actually happen. Would you decide that Torres would never leave Liverpool FC or would never want to go to Chelsea FC? If this real situation were to happen then it would mean you made what turned out to be a possible tranfser an impossible one. Logically complex but some regulation of transfers as I pointed out in my post is needed. Top teams should not be allowed to become decimated due to outgoing transfers.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:How about aging players?

Messi will grow longer hair n lighter beards
n after a few weeks he hair will shorter n shaved beards

How about Bal haircut?

Our BAL also will grow hair and beard
so we can use our money to shorter the volume of hair or beard
Its just like a haircut
More complicated haircut will cost u more
N will get Media attention(just like Tevez this season)

I'm even more confused by some of the language but I'll try again anyway.
That sounds nice but you can already change facial hair in the game and obviously hairstyles are abundantly available. Perhaps PES can include more controversial ones to garner more media attention but as media attention isn't yet applied to BaL in such a way I myself certianly can't predict if this would make sense.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:How about player's sponsor?

Player will get offer from boots company such as adidas,nike,puma..etc.
(so u will have contracts for how many years n get paid)

Player will have an offer from variables company such as sports drink, shirt brand ,etc
(I know it hard to get the license for this, so how about naming it like American Sports Drink, Italian Brand Shirt or whteva....do it just like Master League Sponsors)

It also will gain media attention....

Player sponsors... this doesn't seem to fit. Would Konami introduce a full blown personal life section to the BaL experience where players have to seriously consider their wages in order to support their family, buy better cars/homes and so on? This seems like too much work. This isn't "The Sims". The point of this mode is clearly to be able to step into the shoes of a professional on the pitch. Yes off-field features would improve the mode but this suggestion is, put plainly, overkill. Sponsors only matter when it comes to club income so players can be bought.

panj wrote:Now, this is a stretch and many fans and the producers may roll their eyes on this one, but those little bits of player to player interaction scenes were an interesting add on. That is something I would love to see expanded in a way of a true, sort of, role playing thing. Like, certain scenes where you can have an option what to say to a teammate, coach or even reporters. That could also create some sort of love-hate relationship between you and some other players, like a 1-5 meter(1 they hate your guts, 5 they love you) and could even lead to some fighting. That wouldn't only be a cosmetic effect, but would also affect how ofter the coach puts you in the game, how often the players pass to you and so on. I accept if you consider the idea to be dumb, not all of us like role playing.

Sounds like a good idea but it risks ruining the game for some players. If for some reason a relationship goes bad that heavily impacts on games you play with the player in question it could force you to either live with the problem or leave the club whether it is your dream club or not, unless of course it is entirely up to you to determine whether the relationship is a "love" one or "hate" one. This suggestion can go either way.

LAGZzM3N4C3 wrote:can we be able to be a goalkeepers for a more fun and complexed career

I support this suggestion. Speaking of goalkeepers, it would be good to have a truly specialised system for controlling keepers so in the event a goalkeeper is injured/sent-off and another goalkeeper cannot be put in, you can put on the gloves and take over. Being able to become a "hero" for your team by stepping up to go in goal would be a nice possibility, of course this may not ever happen while you play the game (I don't recall a goalkeeper getting a yellow card or certainly getting injured during a game).

qamilqimi_112 wrote:*Camera Improvement
new better camera for BAL instead of vertical wide and player for third person view

*First person view
for bench, mybe in bus, getting trophies, entrance, etc

I second this suggestion on cameras.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:*Ratings
Why the maximum number of ratings after the match just 8????, It must be 10

*Pre match warm up
Warm up should be added(optional)

I agree with the ratings suggestion. There should also be a final explanation for low ratings such as "You got a 6.5 rating even though you scored a goal because you were static in your play and you didn't show enough commitment in your challenges..." (or runs or defensive duties, depends on your position).
As for the pre match warm up, a cut scene may be nice but I can't see this being useful unless it allowed people to see how the form of their players affects their performance (their player is slower, kicks are weraker, timing os off and so on) instead of just relying on coloured arrows.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:*Stats
Become a legend!!! this is not just a amateur player...so stats should have been higher when young

I elaborated on this exact point in my initial post.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:*Better tactics

Every teams should have passer,target man,key player, etc...
if our bal is a target man, so we could have an individual objective such as takes 11 shots,score a goal,etc
This mybe like be a pro, but it will make the game more addictive
individual match rating will increase based on the objective completion and match stats

I can't protest against this suggestion enough. EA's "Be a Pro" mode is the most rubbish I have ever seen in a game ever... no joke, no exaggeration. For one, when it first appeared it seemed just a beta release for gamers to test, and not in any way a mode ready for release due to its lack of content. I question heavily what went through the minds of the people who concocted and approved the idea of setting these objectives. It's ridiculous to ask a player to make "80% successful passes", " call for the ball successfully 90% of the time" "score 2 goals" etc for what I would like to think are obvious reasons. Those being you would never see a coach asking a player to do such things, especially younger players and because of the way EA made their mode it is nigh impossible to complete these objectives while actually "playing football". Perhaps a coach might say "Complete as many passes as you can" or "Call for the ball when you're in a good position" but they certainly wouldn't say "Oh, you got 79% of your passes successful.You fail.". I played this mode because I liked the concept of stepping into the shoes of a player but EA's "Be a Pro" mode was about as much fun as polishing boots.
To be fair I will admit that there must be people who like this because it ended up as part of the game and has stuck through multiple editions. However, I can't see how this can make the game "more addictive". As for the ratings point... it's like I said in my initial post, the ratings should be better but this is not the way to improve them. Also, ratings should reflect how well you played whatever position you were placed in by the manager throughout the game. Anyone who knows the game of football knows that players can have spectacular games even when their stats after the game don't suggest they did. Example: forwards can be the key to their team's success because they held up the ball for their team, hassled/harried the opposition defence into making mistakes etc., so even though they didn't score a goal, got an assist nor made many passes they deserve a high rating.
If objectives are added in EA's "Be a Pro" style the game will become about completing objectives and not playing freely.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:*Abilty to sim the match until we subbed in instead of fast forwarding

How this wasn't allowed in the first place leads to questions on how much that aspect of the game was tested. Before PES 2011, when you started BaL you had to sit through match upon match of games as a sub while you waited for your new club to put you on so you could impress (slowly) in order to earn a starting berth. I particularly appreciated that this was addressed. Instead you get to play training matches against "exotic" clubs you would only meet in competitions such as the UEFA Champions League. However I believe the manager should leave you on the bench in a game rather than leave you out completely. Too many times I have seen my team go down in the first leg of a cup then I'm sent in for the second or I miss the two ties completely. There is no need for this. You should at least be put in as a sub and given the choice of watching the game at 1x/2x/3x the speed of normal matches or skipping to a text based summary where you can know what is going on without waiting long periods of time.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:*Laptops, Phones , TV,etc

To read football news, or getting a call from agents,friends,etc..to watch ur team play when u are injurt for a week(optional)
A fanpage???... so u could know tht a million just like ur fanpage and will get media attention,congrats from friends,manager and moral will increase rapidly

More details when it comes to fans, sure. However this suggestion seems pointless. Again, it seems more like the game "The Sims" rather than a football game.

qamilqimi_112 wrote:New manager

ur old manager have been sacked, when the new manager arrived, so all the formations,tactics, etc could be change depends on the new manager attributes

so manager should be implemented in pes2012, with licensed faces and stats,attributes...

New managers, perhaps, but real managers aren't necessary. Managers could retire as well and the tactics of the new manager would fit the mentality of the team because the manager would only be hired if they suit the team. It might be better to just let the tactics change based on the opposition, available players etc as the game is about you and not the manager. Becoming a player/manager is something I think that could give you a little more control over tactics but that's just a "by the way" idea, i.e. not a serious suggestion.

Nemisiskidd wrote:make it more of a simulation of a footballers life , press conferences were you answer questions, relationships with manager and players depending how you talk to them and this can effect on pitch behaviour, mobile phones and computers to receive emails from other players and agents who may link you with other clubs, fan base, cut scenes like first person camera option on the bench, first person view when entering and leaving tunnel and leaving the team coach pes is renound for there bogus library of players, so why dont they create youth/reserve teams with them, e.g. peters would be a bogus name for a player in chelsea youth/reserve team that i will play alongside in the youth team and wen my BAL players ability increases i go onto chelseas first team and play with the likes of anelka these bogus players can be brought up aswell into the first team . Club trials would be great the more prestigious the club the harder the trial the trial will consist of old pes 5 training drills like shot target, pass targets, defending dribbling and so on if you pass the ability drills the club will offer you a contract ( this only applies for when you begin your career to prove your self so you will get offers from lower rated teams as usual and have to pass their trial).

NO MORE TRAINING MATCHES these shoud be changed into reserve matches were you face sides with bogus players e.g. chelsea reserve v man u reserve this players i mentioned above e.g. peters, jones and other names, training should be done seperately where you practice and keep in shape ( you have a choice to go training this may hinder your relationship with manager and you will not gain ability points or even lose some) in training you do drills and warm ups and then matches, to gain the managers trust and judgement you must play well in training matches on small park pitches not big stadiums ( just makes it more realistic). Control your own celebrations as you are siming your player.This all will need top notch AI

Lastly maybe this isn't as important and may be stupid but create a storyline were you control depending your relationship with the public/fans manager players and press and continuosly changing because of this a bit like Heavy rain the ps3 video game but not so indepth, you can walk around attend training when you want walk up to players and speak basically live the life of a footballer, BUT STILL KEEP TO THE FOOTBALL SIDE OF THINGS!

Park pitch

look at the freedom side of things ability to roam around, receiving messages from manager and players would be good and i kno if pes was to do this it has to be friendly and not violent.

view from bench when a sub, the player can skip this part if they want and skip to dressing room

STILL KEEP to the football side of things and not too carried away with this part

training drills which will include shooting and dribbling so as you can build up ability

as a player put yourself in rio ferdinands shoes and talk to the manager were you will have options to question he asks which you will answer depending on what you say the managers judgement will change, maybe for the better or the worse.with the help of edit manager, you can edit the appearance of managers in edit mode for each team in game to have realistic managers to talk to.

shirt signings

sponsors if Konami are allowed (copyright to respected owners)

i know this is from fifa but please Konami put this camera in (still keeping the old one as an option) the zoom in and shaky handycam effect which is fastis great and exciting. when you near goal you hear shouting of players and trudging through the grass giving a realistic effect and almost pressurising.

Overall the ideas are sound but some may introduce too much complication to the game and too much off-the-field issues to deal with. Playing well and getting to your desired club is work as it is.
Asfen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby qamilqimi_112 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:04 pm

-TRAINING

Training is the best thing to train your BAL instead of choosing points.Where you can train passing, shooting, defending,dribbling and earn new skills card by learning from top class player in your team.But it will effect your stamina and will make you more fatigue.Your BAL also can learn tactics from the team.There must be a free mode when you can walk or run freely in the training field, hold the ball with hand, warm up, juggling, dont make training as a serious match..It has to be freely.More options in training such as learn skills, learn tactics, practice match, practice shoot, defend, dribble, pass, practice FK, CK, Throw ins & Penalty and Free Mode.The place for your training is optional where you can choose between team stadium or other arena.
PES must added more place for training such as FIFA arena where they have plenty of appropriate places.
qamilqimi_112

Postby Asfen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:26 pm

qamilqimi_112 wrote:-TRAINING

Training is the best thing to train your BAL instead of choosing points.Where you can train passing, shooting, defending,dribbling and earn new skills card by learning from top class player in your team.But it will effect your stamina and will make you more fatigue.Your BAL also can learn tactics from the team.There must be a free mode when you can walk or run freely in the training field, hold the ball with hand, warm up, juggling, dont make training as a serious match..It has to be freely.More options in training such as learn skills, learn tactics, practice match, practice shoot, defend, dribble, pass, practice FK, CK, Throw ins & Penalty and Free Mode.The place for your training is optional where you can choose between team stadium or other arena.
PES must added more place for training such as FIFA arena where they have plenty of appropriate places.

Three words... too much work. The game would become unwieldy if you go about forcing players to improve their stats this way. The current system is ideal for a game. Perhaps this would work for a virtual reality simulation but for PES or EA's FIFA the idea is not compatible. Take the role-playing video game series "The Elder Scrolls" for example. In this game attributes such as agility are improved by literally running and jumping a lot, i.e. the more you jump or run the higher your agility may go. Applying this to sports games requires an infinitely more complex model than what currently exists which if done would be a waste of time for a game people play for fun. Realism is important but there's a point a game can reach where more realism equates to a worse game rather than a better game.
Asfen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby talz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:48 pm

Asfen wrote:
qamilqimi_112 wrote:-TRAINING

Three words... too much work. The game would become unwieldy if you go about forcing players to improve their stats this way. The current system is ideal for a game. Perhaps this would work for a virtual reality simulation but for PES or EA's FIFA the idea is not compatible. Take the role-playing video game series "The Elder Scrolls" for example. In this game attributes such as agility are improved by literally running and jumping a lot, i.e. the more you jump or run the higher your agility may go. Applying this to sports games requires an infinitely more complex model than what currently exists which if done would be a waste of time for a game people play for fun. Realism is important but there's a point a game can reach where more realism equates to a worse game rather than a better game.

training isnt a new idea its been in pes games in the past and it being removed is something i have never understood. Why not implement these into BAL as minigames that can only be done once a week which contribute slightly to the stats, nothing to complicated just simple things which pes already had eg. the classic target on the ground which could improve long pass accuracy , the simple running inbetween the cones to improve speed and so on you guys no what im talking about.
talz
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Asfen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 pm

talz wrote:training isnt a new idea its been in pes games in the past and it being removed is something i have never understood. Why not implement these into BAL as minigames that can only be done once a week which contribute slightly to the stats, nothing to complicated just simple things which pes already had eg. the classic target on the ground which could improve long pass accuracy , the simple running inbetween the cones to improve speed and so on you guys no what im talking about.

I see what you mean. However the word "minigames" invokes thoughts of the "Mario Party" series to me. Why it was removed perhaps is down to its impact on the majority of gamers. I know if such a thing were to be added, optional or not, it would seem out of place. What determines when your long pass accuracy, for instance, improves? Would it be random? Would it improve simply when you complete the "minigames"? Whether it improves you in addition to the current training system or not it makes sense that it was removed. It's like I said before, the focus is on playing games not how you improve. The collecting of player and skill cards is not ideal though. That is something that can be gained from a training feature in BaL.
I mentioned before I think it would be a good idea to be able to go into training if you want. Currently you have to quit BaL to get to the training mode where you can play freely or work on your dead ball skills. If this can be added to the BaL mode, training grounds, as were seen in PES 2010, would work well and perhaps the possibility of using the stadium of your team when appropriate.
Asfen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Asfen » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

During BaL mode I constantly see retired players come back. Seeing such things as a 17 year old Deco is ridiculous. This shouldn't be happening. New players can be created an introduced every season.

The commentators should be able to discuss the performance of your player, perhaps even using numbers. Being called the top scorer of the league or your team from the previous season or the current one would be a welcome addition to the game.
Asfen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Next

Return to Official Konami PES Feedback Zone