PES 2012 Wishlist: Sound, Atmosphere, Commentators, Music

* This area is directly supervised by Konami.*
Welcome to your chance to participate in the development of PES – where your thoughts go directly to the PES programmers.

Re: PES 2012 Wishlist: Sound, Atmosphere, Commentators, Musi

Postby TJHUCKER » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:01 am

Get Andy Gray now that sky have sacked him to do match analasis after games ( match of the day style )

Bring diversity to the script which is given to the commentaors as if they are one dimensional.ie different tones depending on match chances etc.
" Hoping for a decent football game "

" FIFA has grown but needs coach mode "
TJHUCKER
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Gamertag: TJ HUCKER
PSN: TJHUCKER

Postby stress » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:13 am

whats the difference between andy gray and shane warne?

a: andy gray doesnt fancy having a woman on the line.

in all seriousness though i think there are better commentators than andy gray, the comments he made show just how old he is
stress
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby jandsonf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Well for me the in this topic, what needs a change is the crowd. Just the Player 1 hear the crowd singin' what makes no sense at all, since are the Player 2 crowd is in the Stadium too, so, just like old Winning Eleven series, when some times the Player 1 crowd sings and some times the Player 2 sings, I think that should be in PES 2012!

That's it.
jandsonf

Postby jandsonf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:38 pm

And please, Cléber Machado for brazillian Commentator.
jandsonf

Postby Leozinhuu96 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:04 pm

I think of PES 2012 should have the best stories, such as the Brazilian story, should be the Sports Interactive Andrew Hening instead of Silvio Luiz or enhance the story of Silvio Luiz, for example, happen when a narrator talking about the goal the name of the player who scored the goal and the team that scored the goal, and have more tales of game situations!

It would also be nice if you had twisted his original songs ... :D :D
Leozinhuu96

Postby J Dilla » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:10 am

• Dislike by fans when specific player have ball. Example: Cristiano Ronaldo at Barca - Real on Camp Nou.
  • Better comment at statistics.More emotional (especially for home team).
  • Player voices at scenes (yellow card, red card, goal etc.)
  • Importing our music to game (or playing music from hard drive, like GTA IV).
J Dilla
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby jandsonf » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Very Important! The commentator should scream "GOOOAAAL" when some team scores.
(The brazillian commentator at least).
jandsonf

Postby Asfen » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:53 pm

I already posted about the stadium atmosphere:

Stadium atmosphere... good suggestions have already been made. One thing I'd like to see is a bit more authenticity in the audio realm.
Club songs... I don't know what the official problem is specifically but these should be in any football game. Take the following scenerio into consideration:
Your team is Liverpool FC and you're playing at home (where did Anfield go?!) and you go down late in the game. The game is important. Your team lacks that spark. You're not playing particularly badly but you haven't caught any "breaks". Your squad is frustrated. Then... the fans kick in. Suddenly you hear the anthem "You'll Never Walk Alone". The scarves are raised. This effect might be multiplied in BaL mode. Out of seemingly nowhere you get the gall to take on the defence. One way or another, whether you weave your way through à la Lionel Messi or not, you break through and score. The crowd erupts. Perhaps a custom celebration begins where you wave your teammates to follow you as you head to a corner to celebrate with the fans. Tears anyone? :)
The bigger football fans know what passion means to football. Playing football without passion is like playing football with a plastic bottle in a dirty alley in a poor neighbourhood. It can work but it will never be the same. Just saying.
Seriously though, a little more atmosphere could mean the difference between someone thinking "Hmm, maybe one more game..." instead of "Maybe another day...".

Another point I have on sound is the tunnel, there should be sounds of indiscriminate conversations going on, the clacking of boot studs on the floor, the sounds heard coming from the stadium.

As far as commentators go, I believe a mix of them would be ideal. A panel of commentators would take turns and obviously stamp their own personality on the commentary on different games. For now, having a solid pair can go a long way. Commentators don't have to be expert actors so unless something like this is already done, the commentators can say what comes to their minds as they watch various clips and since they're portraying themselves they should have at least a large stake in what is in the script.
Pulling up stats and making players feel as though what they do, whether they're controlling an entire team as a manager, playing online or controlling one footballer as they aspire to become a legend in the game, counts within the world that exists in their game. "He's having some trouble in front of goal there [Name of second commentator] but he's a rock in midfield, that's for sure." is what I would call priceless.
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they never are."
Asfen
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby gabrielteku » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:18 pm

i am not a professional of yours, this is the cause i'll write in questions.

-why the commentators don't even pronunciate the name of the players and the comentaries in other intonations, and why your team doesn't use someone to help the commentators and narrators from other contries, why someone don't make the script easy to record and help the two narration man to pronunciate exactly with quality?

-why don't have some rithim musics? Why when i play pes i don't listen to a great rock 'n' roll? why don't license musics inspired in football, like waka waka.

-why have cameramens out the field and i don't receive some pictures taked by they.

-why the ball shoting (and passing), and the shots on the goalpost have always the same sound,why in rain matches the sounds don't change, why i don't can listen the goalkeeper screaming and feel he was freezing.

-why i getting sick to play pes?.
gabrielteku

Postby PESfan70 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:03 am

My ideas for this section:

Sound : The fan chanting should be improved, same goes for the referee's whistle blow.

Atmosphere : The fans in the game needs to be shown just like in Fifa world cup 2010 video game. Fans should also appear in a scene celebrating when their teams scored a goal like in WE 10.

Commentators : Just what other PES fans mentioned. they need to fix the commentating.
PESfan70

Postby evo4eva » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:28 pm

evo4eva wrote:
What I would love to see in 2012 is crowd ,subs and managers reactions with what's happening on the pitch , see'ing the manager get up interacting with what's happening , home team booing ex players when they touch the ball, have a look at NBA 2k11 , and see how every moment of the game the crowd and teams respond and move , you see people from the crowd moving interating with each other.something so little adds so much to the game ! It brings it all to life. I think this would improve pes greatly. Please konami don't over look this the tech is there it CAN be done.
evo4eva

Postby Sabu » Sun May 01, 2011 8:53 pm

J Dilla wrote:

• Dislike by fans when specific player have ball. Example: Cristiano Ronaldo at Barca - Real on Camp Nou.
  • Better comment at statistics.More emotional (especially for home team).
  • Player voices at scenes (yellow card, red card, goal etc.)
  • Importing our music to game (or playing music from hard drive, like GTA IV).

Everything he said.
1 - Ashley Cole, John Terry (and many other players, of course) should get booed at in away games. This could maybe be fixed by some ability/stat, like "Away reputation" which one could set to Normal or Disliked. Maybe even go as far as selecting which leagues (if a player moves from England to France, he shouldn't automatically get booed at in France)

2 - More commentary lines regarding statistics; Assists in current match, goals, total amount, if he is booked, ball possession etc..

3 - Definitely player voices need to be heard. Doesn't have to be clearly heard what language it is, just a little more dynamic feeling to the game. Shouting, cheering, pain when tackled.

4 - Importing music would be great. Come on, FIFA has this feature. You don't want to do less than EA, do you, Konami?. For all I care, spend 1 $ on music licenses. As long as we can import our own music - everyone's satisfied.

Not long to go, PES 2012 should be announced pretty soon. Starting to think all of this is crazy wish thinking...probably won't happen for another 10 years or so! Please prove me wrong, Konami.
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Sabu
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: SabuSabu87

Postby Nemisiskidd » Sun May 01, 2011 11:42 pm

we can already import music this started from pes 2009
Kit maker

Bundesliga kits for PESUniverse

Follow me on Twitter: @NemesisK_PES
Nemisiskidd
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: nemisiskidd

Postby Sabu » Mon May 02, 2011 9:43 am

Nemisiskidd wrote:we can already import music this started from pes 2009

? Hope you're not thinking of Kitserver, cause that has nothing to do with KONAMI, just brilliant patch makers out there. Or editing the .img-files. Only thing we can change with the music right now is choosing which pre-defined songs we want in the playlists.
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Sabu
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: SabuSabu87

Previous

Return to Official Konami PES Feedback Zone