PES 2012 Wishlist: Sound, Atmosphere, Commentators, Music

* This area is directly supervised by Konami.*
Welcome to your chance to participate in the development of PES – where your thoughts go directly to the PES programmers.

Re: PES 2012 Wishlist: Sound, Atmosphere, Commentators, Musi

Postby Plambey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:01 am

Commentary: Needs a completely new script. its so grating hearing the same phrases year after year.

PreGame Athmosphere: Go back to the good days of pes 1-6 where there was the teams comin out, shakin hands, national anthems, pre match huddles, close ups of the crowds etc, go all out, really nail the in pregame athmosphere.

InGame: take a lil look at this vid of Virtua Striker

This game is quite old, but look at the crowds, the hoardings, the flags, etc, really vibrant, really detailed and alive. Konami should strive for this.
PLEASE GOD LET PES.......2015 BE THE GAME I'M LOOKING FOR
Plambey
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nene_ » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:18 am

Plambey wrote:InGame: take a lil look at this vid of Virtua Striker

This game is quite old, but look at the crowds, the hoardings, the flags, etc, really vibrant, really detailed and alive. Konami should strive for this.

Wow, look at the crowd in that video :o Konami please look at this video!!!
Nene_
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby lil_raze » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Agree with all comments here, following nba 2k10/11s model is definitely the way to go for commentary. And the crowd is shocking to be honest, has been for a while and I wonder how the audio guys in Konami still have jobs. They often say in football that the crowd is the 12th man, we need to feel this in pes. Things that can added:

• Regionalize crowd noises for goals and near misses (keeper finger-tip save/shot hits woodwork/shot goes just wide) Please watch these videos and pay attention to the various whistles and noises for goals, penalty shouts, saves

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... s-7312183/

(Won't embed for some reason)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQNagBCm ... re=related

• Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, south American teams shout goal when they score and have a different sound for misses, English, Scottish, German, Dutch shout yeeeeaaa, and also shout oohhhhh when they miss
• Crowd levels should be higher for derby/important matches
• Noise should be different for a late minute winner/equaliser compared to a consolation goal or a goal to make it 4 or 5 nil

Hopefully Konami can inject some much needed life into the crowd and commentary, so much more could be done if they paid a little attention to detail that would make the whole atmosphere of the game better.
lil_raze
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Alive33 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:30 pm

brazilian commentary (Silvio Luiz) is very good... others are terrible... no goal emotion... and sounds are very terrible, very low in the goal moment... 0% emotion... In this point: copy FIFA is need...
Alive33
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Nemisiskidd » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:33 pm

more realistic and dramatic cutscenes...along with my edit mode idea for edit manager, b4 the match a cutscene could b on him either becoz his poor run of the season, or his popularity e.g. fergie, tunnel scene shud show teams leaving dressing room and join in tunnel with opposite team, som plyers may shake hands with others in a friendly but in a derby or cup final make the drama and tension higher by no handshaking and dramatic commentary. also make the officials b in the tunnel with the referee with match ball in hand
Kit maker

Bundesliga kits for PESUniverse

Follow me on Twitter: @NemesisK_PES
Nemisiskidd
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: nemisiskidd

Postby alussine » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Plambey wrote:Commentary: Needs a completely new script. its so grating hearing the same phrases year after year.

PreGame Athmosphere: Go back to the good days of pes 1-6 where there was the teams comin out, shakin hands, national anthems, pre match huddles, close ups of the crowds etc, go all out, really nail the in pregame athmosphere.

InGame: take a lil look at this vid of Virtua Striker

The Audio Commentary on PES 2011 needs further improvement with a new script, additions and details during matches and let the commentators call the names of clubs on PES League on Master League.
"A Pro Evolution Soccer Fan and Customer since 1994"

"Let Help Make The Game The Best For Us All"
alussine
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: alussine

Postby Sabu » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:08 pm

The atmosphere in PES is all too quiet. Needs to be louder! Watching a Premier League game on TV and comparing a PES match to it just feels ridiculous. Crowd needs to go up a few notches, make you believe you're playing a football match, not attending a funeral.

Commenteray team name
This is from PES 3.
A very good system if you ask me! In this example, Yorkshire (Leeds) could be assigned the callname Leeds (the city) even though the team is unlicensed.

More names!
Would be great if the callname database for players was expanded and not just having the names for the players that already exist. You should be able to pick the commenteray name JOHNSON and not just GLEN JOHNSON, ADAM JOHNSON or ANDREW JOHNSON. So, MORE generic names! ANDY, ANDREW, LOPEZ, HENRY, LARSSON, JOHN, ANTONIO, SAM, LEE. DENNIS, ALI, RICKETTS and so on. Is especially needed when creating your BE A LEGEND player.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Sabu
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: SabuSabu87

Postby porridge » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:37 pm

More advanced sound mixer, basically I'm suggesting:

1) Add a volume option for chants.

2) Add a volume option for menu fx (and also an ability to turn them off)

PLUS

On the actual sounds matter, couple of finetunings are needed.

1) the generic ambience sound is a bit too high in terms of volume, therefore reducing the dynamic feeling of the atmosphere. So lower it a reasonable amount.

2) use limiter to boost the goal celebration sound, ever so slightly.

3) lower the volume of manager shouts quite a lot (it was a new feature in pes2011, but that's not a good reason to go over-the-top with them).

4) fix the referee whistle bug for PES2012, now nothing is heard when the ball goes out the near sideline. (Or was it the far one, can't remember, either one anyway.)
porridge
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby DanD3vil » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:36 am

This video explains evryting...From commentator to atmosphere of the crowd...Konami should make PES 2012 just like this
PES 2012 - The King Is Back!

Forever Evolving.
Forever Uniting.
Forever Footbal.
Forever PRO EVO.
DanD3vil
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: dan_rizda
Twitter: @DanD3vil

Postby quatro » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:25 am

We need live and crazy stimulating atmospheres in the stadium, more stuff to show between the match times, and before the match like helicopter live broadcasting and players room scene.
quatro

Postby Sabu » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 pm

How about an accessible music player in menus? E.g pressing SELECT (PS3-pad) brings up a little music player in the bottom/top corner of the screen, and you can press L2/R2 to change song. A simple feature, not critical for the game, but a fun one :)
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Sabu
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: SabuSabu87

Postby ElPochoLoco7 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:32 am

More language options regardless of which verison you have PAL or EU!!!
ElPochoLoco7
Mascot
Mascot

Postby lukasz » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:26 pm

more exuberant cheering spectators and more exciting comment
lukasz
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby talz » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:06 am

Commentary
now i dont know how things work but if this is possible why cant konami just take the commentary from real games. the two commentators commentate on football games all the time and the amount of phrases they come out with that could be applied to players, teams or stadia specifically plus the things that could be applied to any generic match anywhere in the world would bulk up the commentary. like i said i dont know if this something konami can do or even are allowed to.

Music
it makes me laugh but konami seem to have finally realised that in a football game the music does not have to be about football. i would just like to see some recognisable artists. maybe some rap and enough of the jazzy stuff with french lyrics, they went to the trouble of releasing a specific BLES version in the UK it would have been nice to have music i understand. :D :P
talz
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby szuwi1 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Pardon guys if it has been mentioned, but for example, if Rooney scores, the stadium speaker says "The goal scorer is number 10 - Wayne..." and ..."Rooooney" respond the crowd. Of course, some variety. Sometimes like this, sometimes just speaker. Actually it could be looked how it is in reality for different teams.
szuwi1
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby DNOMYTE » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Music needs to be better and more varied, PES 2011 is a lot of indie rock/pop artists that I don't care for. I think something that everyone would like would be top 40 hits of the 70's 80's and 90's. I think hearing songs like Eddie Grants Electric Avenue, FM's Phasors on Stun or Big Country's In a Big Country would make the game much more enjoyable. I just really don't like the hipster indie music on PES 2011.
DNOMYTE
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Postby Nemisiskidd » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:31 am

might be hard to pull of but what do you know i thought that edit stadium would be hard 2 create by Konami but they did it so i was thinking why dont they create a text to speech programme for pes using Jon Champions voice a bit like google translator, we can use this for Jon champion to announce the names of certain players, Stadiums, Managers, Teams and Championships, it would create a more realistic atmosphere e.g. "Chelsea v Arsenal in the FA cup 3rd round at Stamford Bridge"

here is a website example of how this can work, you can play around with the voices you want to hear (note in pes 2012 the voices will be the voices of the games main commentators e.g. German commentator, English and so on)
then type in your phrase and allow playback.

http://www.oddcast.com/home/demos/tts/tts_example.php?sitepal

i do belive Konami can pull this off, as over the years they have surprised us with some decent innovative ideas e.g. Pes 2008 (next Gen) the face importation with photos and other things as the years progressed.

;) ;)

p.s btw try out Daniel (UK) he doesn't sound a lot like Jon Champion but is the closest, so but i do not know the sound alikes for other commentators
Kit maker

Bundesliga kits for PESUniverse

Follow me on Twitter: @NemesisK_PES
Nemisiskidd
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: nemisiskidd

Postby BORU1OO » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 pm

In game sounds(players shooting, passing, dribbling, etc) are fairly rubbish.
All I ask for is a separate slider to turn the volume down without turning the crowd volume down.
Cheers
BORU1OO
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby 12stones » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:28 pm

In the menu of game should be a options do increase the sound only of the balls and the palyers and other form the crownd and other for the comments

should be a nice to hear in good sound the of the pitch its surreal but i think is good
12stones

Postby prabzi » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 pm

imporvments

1. CROWD ATMOSPHERE , NEEDS AMPING AND MADE MUCH MORE BETTER.
i want better atmosphere at all matches.

2.commentry needs to be MUCH MUCH better , i think weve been saying this since day one. i hope.
prabzi
First Team
First Team

PreviousNext

Return to Official Konami PES Feedback Zone