PES 2012 Wishlist: Sound, Atmosphere, Commentators, Music

* This area is directly supervised by Konami.*
Welcome to your chance to participate in the development of PES – where your thoughts go directly to the PES programmers.

PES 2012 Wishlist: Sound, Atmosphere, Commentators, Music

Postby chaos » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:20 pm

I've already seen you guys mention parts of the topic in other topics, write them in here.

• General sounds:
    Why is the whistle of the referee only 1 out of 3 times audible? That must be fixed, becomes very annoying at times. The players/managers calling onto the field is nice, but can be improved in terms of variety and languages.

• Atmosphere:
    The audience is still very quite/strange. If you win a cup or a league, they don't explode in happiness (what they should do). More dynamic reactions to the game, e.g. if the opponent scores, a bad tackling, boring match.

• Commentator:
    I can only speak for the German one. It has improved compared to PES 2010, but it's still far from perfect. Try to get more than 2 commentators and mix them for every match. Add new and dynamic lines, add much more context.
I'm the PES Messiah's first and only Prophet.
Owner of PESianity
Download the PESianity PES 2014 OF Installation Guide for PS3
chaos
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

PSN: ichaos1985

Re: PES 2012 Wishlist: Sound, Atmosphere, Commentators, Musi

Postby Okocha212 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:23 pm

-Konami please stop with this crowd chant BS. For all licensed teams, go on the internet and download someones chant pack. Use a sound editor to edit all the chants individually and put it in your game. You may not have all the licenses but make good use of the ones you do have. I don't want to have to do the chants myself and it will save you money on bringing in those opera people.

-Commentary is rubbish. Chamipion is rubbish, get someone else. Preferably the guy from Goal T.V.

-Live Commentary- introduce a system that stat tracks and can pull up relevant numbers for commentators to use about players in their last game in real life. NBA 2k has it.
Okocha212
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Silverstone » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:38 pm

To be honest, the commentary is rubbish and has been for many years. Get rid of Champion and Beglin, write a new script and aim for the quality and the benchmark that FIFA has set in this department.
Silverstone
International
International

Postby Okocha212 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Silverstone wrote:To be honest, the commentary is rubbish and has been for many years. Get rid of Champion and Beglin, write a new script and aim for the quality and the benchmark that FIFA has set in this department.

Sorry, i think it would be better if they try and Bench mark NBA 2k. Why? Fifa's commentary gets repetitive after 1 month. Its the Same thing. NBA 2k's updates every day, the lines are written so that the game takes player/ team stats and inserts it into the commentary to make it relevant to the moment when you are playing the game. What it also does is during half time show it breaks down the scores from previous games and informs you of the top scorer and who outplayed who. The game also introduces the each match up with a commentator by acknowledging what time of the day it is(morning, afternoon, evening) and hyping the match up by either talking about previous history between teams or highlighting the score of the last game between the teams. The commentary also tells you keys to the game and how each team should approach the game to achieve success. Finally it mentions the players that will be key to the teams success and how they performed last game.

This should be the bench mark, anything else is disappointing as far as i am concerned.
Okocha212
Mascot
Mascot

Postby yktrixta07 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:34 pm

let us import more than 4-5 custom chants konami !!!, let us edit everything from crowd matches to goal crowds and so on to make everything more alive !!!
yktrixta07

Postby Okocha212 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:38 pm

yktrixta07 wrote:let us import more than 4-5 custom chants konami !!!, let us edit everything from crowd matches to goal crowds and so on to make everything more alive !!!

agreed. Konami should have a goal chant slot as well. This way we can import Goal songs for teams that have them like Brazil :D
Okocha212
Mascot
Mascot

Postby pedroaido » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:21 pm

- all players should have their names on the commentary list, and licensed teams too
pedroaido

Postby Walcott 14 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Okocha212 wrote:
Silverstone wrote:To be honest, the commentary is rubbish and has been for many years. Get rid of Champion and Beglin, write a new script and aim for the quality and the benchmark that FIFA has set in this department.

Sorry, i think it would be better if they try and Bench mark NBA 2k. Why? Fifa's commentary gets repetitive after 1 month. Its the Same thing. NBA 2k's updates every day, the lines are written so that the game takes player/ team stats and inserts it into the commentary to make it relevant to the moment when you are playing the game. What it also does is during half time show it breaks down the scores from previous games and informs you of the top scorer and who outplayed who. The game also introduces the each match up with a commentator by acknowledging what time of the day it is(morning, afternoon, evening) and hyping the match up by either talking about previous history between teams or highlighting the score of the last game between the teams. The commentary also tells you keys to the game and how each team should approach the game to achieve success. Finally it mentions the players that will be key to the teams success and how they performed last game.

This should be the bench mark, anything else is disappointing as far as i am concerned.

This would be ORGASMIC :D :lol: This is something I have wanted for years and it would make the ML for example so great I can't put it in words. I'm so with u on this one, anything else would be dissapointing
I hate it when I'm at a vuvuzela concert and people start playing football.

Make sure Konami understands that we are capable of choosing our own language or what language we prefer at the start of the game so we can get rid of the useless BLES thing.
Walcott 14

PSN: Uncledeewz

Postby Peruzzi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Completely re-do the commentary, its aweful. Both are aweful, although granted Beglin is considerably better than Lawrenson was.

Also, language options. If I want Italian commentary, I dont want to have to buy the game from Italy. I hate to compare again, but if FIFA can have multiple languages in the menu options, then so can Konami.

Also, surely it just makes sense, instead of having to press a different disc for every country, just have 1, with a "choose your language" thing the first time you turn it on, you know, like 90% of other games out there.
Peruzzi
Pundit
Pundit

Postby Walcott 14 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Peruzzi wrote:Completely re-do the commentary, its aweful. Both are aweful, although granted Beglin is considerably better than Lawrenson was.

Also, language options. If I want Italian commentary, I dont want to have to buy the game from Italy. I hate to compare again, but if FIFA can have multiple languages in the menu options, then so can Konami.

Also, surely it just makes sense, instead of having to press a different disc for every country, just have 1, with a "choose your language" thing the first time you turn it on, you know, like 90% of other games out there.

YES, this was in, in the ps2 days why not now?? This would also get rid of the USELESS BLES CRAP
I hate it when I'm at a vuvuzela concert and people start playing football.

Make sure Konami understands that we are capable of choosing our own language or what language we prefer at the start of the game so we can get rid of the useless BLES thing.
Walcott 14

PSN: Uncledeewz

Postby Romanista89 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:13 pm

Tighter goal nets should be implemented. No major stadium in the world has saggy goal nets.

Also, goal areas of every stadium should differ from each other like they do in real life. The goal areas at Old Trafford are different style to those at the San Siro. This would really add to the atmosphere and feel of playing in different stadiums.

I would also like to see the weather directly affect play. I want the ball to skid and slow down accordingly to how wet the pitch is.

The crowd in PES 6, with next gen graphics would be adequate. The option to whether to add stadium effects, like in PES 5, was excellent in exhibition mode.
Football is ecstasy, anguish, joy and despair
It's theatre, art, war and love
It should be predictable ... but never is
It's a feeling that can't be explained but we spend our lives explaining it
Romanista89
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Marvsw12143 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:47 pm

1. No scripts let Jim Beglin and Jon Champion have freedom to say what they want.
2. Player specific chants that can be applied to a player when he scores etc.
3. Flares back in certain countries. I think they were in PES in the Ps2 days.
Marvsw12143

Postby prabzi » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:15 pm

-------------COMMENTRY NEEDS COMPLETE OVERHAUL
prabzi
First Team
First Team

Postby alussine » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:53 pm

The Audio Commentary need further improvements for the commentators to talk more about individual players, club histories and transfer activities with phrases during matches on PES. Allow created Teams on PES to choose names the Audio Commentary can pronounce during matches instead library songs. Example, FIFA 11 Creation Centre allowed you to choose Clubs names the Audio commentators can pronounce during matches on your created team.

Stadium Editing supposed to allow you to use the name of your created team display on your Home Stadium instead of other names. That is realism we expect from Konami and the PES team. Further designs such as Stadium Roof Tops, Entrance and Stadiums Live Scoreboards are also needed. Fix the In-Game Live Scoreboards on PES to display live scores during matches and improve the Screen Scoreboards instead of being blank or plane.

Officials Displays awarding Medals and Cup to the winning team would be nice on PES with further celebrations just like real life soccer.

The referees animation appearances on PES 2011 needs further improvements compared to FIFA 11 which is more better.
"A Pro Evolution Soccer Fan and Customer since 1994"

"Let Help Make The Game The Best For Us All"
alussine
Ballboy
Ballboy

PSN: alussine

Postby Rowan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Bring back multiple languages in the English version of the game. If I'm playing a La Liga match or the Copa Liberatores; I'd like the commentary to be in it's native language.

Also, please make more use of 5.1 surround sound in PES 2012. Have the away chants happening from the back right speaker to emulate it coming from one corner of the stadium! Surround sound pretty much non existent in PES 2011!
Rowan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Painatalman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:14 am

I agree that all commentary should be present on all versions, and that the commentary needs improvement, as mentioned already. Also, I dunno whether this was already stated or not, but I believe the sound effect associated to the ball hitting the bar/post should be changed.
Painatalman

Postby Bendit » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:18 am

I agree that all commentary languages should be present on the DVD, or as many as will fit.

I also think the English script needs to be rewritten. It is far too wooden. It feels to me like is has been translated from another language (Japanese?) and then read, less than enthusiastically, by the commentators. So we need both a decent script and commentary read enthusiastically. Perhaps the commentators should be consulted more in what they think should be included? Some ad libbing might be an answer.

Belgin and Champion are also less than ideal in my opinion. I would love the community to have a vote on which English commentators they would prefer. It seems to me there are some very good ones that many would prefer. WENB can we have a poll?

I hope for many more slots for importing chants too, for every team. Even if Konami fill the extra slots with generic chants, we can change them.
Bendit
Mascot
Mascot

Postby Romanista89 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:33 am

When recording the commentary, record Beglin and Champion with the crowd present as background noise. The commentary currently feels as if it has been pasted on to the match atmosphere. In PES 2011, it doesn't feel like Beglin and Champion are at the match.

Make it sound as though Champion and Beglin are actually having a conversation in the middle of the game. Have the commentary sequences longer than before. A conversation that maybe only consists of 14 or so sentences but if you were to make 50 or so of these different conversations, it would add so much more to the commentary. In PES 2011, it sounds as though they randomly jump from topic to topic randomly.

Also, use phrases that you would hear on real-life commentary teams from the BBC, ITV or Sky Sports. I don't want to hear phrases such as "Guess whooo?", none of the high quality commentators commentate like that.

Make commentary sequences were Beglin and Champion are actually surprised and excited about what is happening on the pitch. An ecstatic Beglin can make a good game great and a bad game sound decent. It would also be nice to hear the commentators talk about some stats. In the Master League, if they said 'such and such' has scored seven goals this season in elevn appearances, that would be cool. Champion could be recorded reciting numbers from 1-350 and those relevant numbers could be placed into the conversation when necessary, much like what happens when two teams meet each other, Jon Champion announces the opponents.

Just my personal choice but Peter Brackley was much better than Jon Champion. Trevor Brooking really brought the standard down for Brackley but Peter Brackley has been the best commentator of the PES series.
Romanista89
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby Romanista89 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:46 am

Regarding sound, it would be exciting to hear the paper bombs that can be heard in certain leagues, particularly Serie a.

It would also be good to hear the crowd complain at the team for playing poorly. Perhaps, when a player plays a poor pass, the crowd will start to get on the back of that team. The crowd should also react to certain players who get the ball. For example, whenever Messi gets the ball you can hear the excitement from the crowd in real-life because, most of the time, they expect something special to happen. That would be a welcome addition to the crowds.

Ultra banners in the crowd would make the stadium look even better. The vast majority of teams have Ultra sections that place their banners at certain points in the stadium. Even if Konami created fake banners for the Ultras of teams, it would look excellent, much better than the who ate all the pies banner.
Romanista89
Ballboy
Ballboy

Postby DanD3vil » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:50 am

I would love it if they bring in Peter Drury to commentate alongside Beglin.They also need to rewrite the scripts or have no scripts at all.Let them watch a CPU vs CPU match and commentate on the match.I agree with the others to let them mentioned unlicensed teams and give them a name..Also the commentators must talk more like in real life rather than stop talking when the replay is shown...

Atmosphere wise the crowds need to sound loud and less repetitive and let us import lots of chants and have this option for PC too.I dunno why this year's PC version do not have he option to import sounds.
PES 2012 - The King Is Back!

Forever Evolving.
Forever Uniting.
Forever Footbal.
Forever PRO EVO.
DanD3vil
Youth Team
Youth Team

PSN: dan_rizda
Twitter: @DanD3vil

Next

Return to Official Konami PES Feedback Zone